Fare thee well NY Sub Hub

Skipper

On 2/12/2019 at 8:54 AM, jtm0097 said:

Whispers..... NY Sub Hub was never really that great. It's more of a nostalgic feel good place for alumni. 

Alumni of a certain period. It wasn’t there during my undergraduate years. And, you are correct. It seems to be more about the memories than the food.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

On 2/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, Christopher Walker said:

If you look more thoroughly through the 2013 MP, though, it called for the acquisitions around south Ave C to be primarily joint public-private partnerships. Or, where possible, UNT become the landlords and maintain the current businesses while continuously making facade and landscaping improvements. The aim was to maintain the appropriate college and neighborhood retail and services, but make it more an extension of campus, a gateway into the core academic sectors.

I'm betting the razing of Carriage Square reset the plans here. The thinking now may be "rip the bandaid off now".

Oh bud, you didn't hear? [ I'll update with a photo here shortly. ]

If they eff with the Beer Barn other than painting it Green.  There will be a serious problem.... 🤣

• Haha 1

Here's my take.  Some places, NY Sub Hub for one, add character to university campuses and should be saved while other crap holes, IHOP, should be gone yesterday.  I really wish there was a way to save the location because these are the places that make schools unique.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2