Western Kentucky (2/9/19)

CMJ

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

If you're suggesting that this loss is nothing to worry about because we're not getting an at-large bid anyways, I would say the worry is more about CUSA tourney positioning.

If we want to win the CUSA tourney to get into the NCAA, seeding couple play a big factor.

Not what i am saying at all, CUSA will be one bid team for the NCAA tournment.  The system is fixed for the p-5 schools.  All this wait to schedule the last few games in pods wont make a difference.  Yes I know CUSA tournament position is important for that run.  Just making the point CUSA will only get one bid.  Not a knock on us or any other CUSA team just the way it is.

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Not what i am saying at all, CUSA will be one bid team for the NCAA tournment.  The system is fixed for the p-5 schools.  All this wait to schedule the last few games in pods wont make a difference.  Yes I know CUSA tournament position is important for that run.  Just making the point CUSA will only get one bid.  Not a knock on us or any other CUSA team just the way it is.

It's also for seeding in the ncaa tournament.

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Well...yeah.

I thought you were trying to address something about the WKU loss.  My bad.

On the panic about the big crowd etc., meh it was stacked with little kids and families for some promo. It's not like all of the sudden 5K extra Dentonites showed up to this game to see what the team was all about, saw we lost and decided they are never coming back. Relax.

What this teams need isn't more talent, it needs a psychologist. They are way in their heads about the 3 ball. Smart is so messed up he is a liability. But there is no one else to play at the moment.

Doesn't seem like some of you are paying attention, we are down to a "rotation" of 6 players. The fact we got back into this game was amazing.

It's too bad because with how well this team fights and plays defense, if they had confidence in their game they'd be running this conference.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

On the panic about the big crowd etc., meh it was stacked with little kids and families for some promo. It's not like all of the sudden 5K extra Dentonites showed up to this game to see what the team was all about, saw we lost and decided they are never coming back. Relax.

What this teams need isn't more talent, it needs a psychologist. They are way in their heads about the 3 ball. Smart is so messed up he is a liability. But there is no one else to play at the moment.

Doesn't seem like some of you are paying attention, we are down to a "rotation" of 6 players. The fact we got back into this game was amazing.

It's too bad because with how well this team fights and plays defense, if they had confidence in their game they'd be running this conference.

Actually, it was a good crowd and probably would have still been one of the best in decades even without the promotions.   Did you go to the game?  

I have no idea what your comment about a psychologist is about.   Some nights the threes fall and others they don't.  If NT had gave up on the three, they would have never got back into the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Too bad were were missing Duffy and J.Simmons, but to me, the biggest issue is playing too fast and not settling down until we are way behind.  There is no reason  the WKU Goatlovers should have ever been up on us by 15.  If we play like we are capable all year, we should be sitting at 24-1. 

Edited by UNTLifer

It seems are players are aiming their 3 pointers (trying to hard).  Instead of the fluid montion they stop are try to be so careful on the shot.   Watch DJ and Gibson they get the ball and shoot in almost one motion.   Smart is way off and Miller is really slowing down to take the three.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2