Western Kentucky (2/9/19)

CMJ

This is going to be a very tough game.  WKU has a lot of height and from a pro standpoint the best player in the league with 6'11 Bassey.

I thought Z. Simmons may have had his best game of his career last game, but this is really going to be a challenge.  I would feel a lot better if NT had J. Simmons at least to nip at Bassey's heels in the paint.   

WKU seems to be the most up and down team in the league, but probably the best physical talent in the conference.  If NT hits from outside like against Marshall, they should win, but the odds of that are not high.  Another plus for NT is it appears that Smart is finally looking like the player of last year. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dahbeed said:

I couldn’t stop laughing in Hot Springs listening to the Tasty Greek making fun of the OMV convention that had traveled up from San Antonio all in matching airbrushed tees that looked straight out of a SA flea market.

Best joke of the tournament was actually @Quoner, who immediately identified and frequently pointed out that OMVs dad (a super nice guy) was a Hispanic Randy "The Ram" Robinson.

It was very topical at the time. And I'm still angry I didn't make the ID first. 

31 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What was the name of the WKU center who torched us in the SBC tournament final...played WAY above his ceiling coming into that game.  

I wanna say he was a legitimate African player (like Manute Bol level).    Any help @dahbeed ?

That would’ve been Teeng Akol.  He was a transfer from Choklahoma State.  It seemed every team in the Sun Belt had a castoff big from the Midget.  I always found it hilarious the number of bigs he ran off.  He kept a stable of miniature white boy guards doe.  I believe ya’ll had a pretty danged good big yourselves from them but I can’t remember his name.

Teeng only average around 6-8 points that year but was a serviceable big.  He had around 23-25 that game and only missed one or two shots.  I believe he outscored Tony Mitchell by 5-6 points in that game.  It was by far his best game as a Topper.

Sadly Teeng liked the firewater a bit much and he was dismissed from the team about 3/4 of the way through the next year his senior season.  I hate seeing anyone with those struggles.  No idea whatever happened to him.  I’ll go to the Googs and see.  He surely could have made some money overseas after finishing up here.

4 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Best joke of the tournament was actually @Quoner, who immediately identified and frequently pointed out that OMVs dad (a super nice guy) was a Hispanic Randy "The Ram" Robinson.

It was very topical at the time. And I'm still angry I didn't make the ID first. 

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Sergio Kerusch’s pop?  I don’t remember OMV’s dad but you couldn’t miss Sergio’s dad.  Dude had that hair straightener working and might’ve even had a soul patch.   Straight out the streets of Pimphis Tennessee!

Edited by dahbeed

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/hilltoppers-look-to-continue-climb-up-standings-at-north-texas/article_22ba16a0-2e98-5398-b6d9-5196338139c5.html

Stansbury’s status for Saturday’s game has yet to be determined, team spokesman Zach Greenwell said Friday night. If Stansbury is unable to coach against North Texas, Hsu will again fill that role.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dahbeed said:

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Sergio Kerusch’s pop?  I don’t remember OMV’s dad but you couldn’t miss Sergio’s dad.  Dude had that hair straightener working and might’ve even had a soul patch.   Straight out the streets of Pimphis Tennessee!

Maybe! I just remember he had a sleeveless airbrushed shirt, and I may be mixing him in with the Mendez Valdez arts-and-crafts family fashion show in 09. 

Eagerly awaiting to watch this game on ESPN+! Wanted to watch utsa vs fau but looks like only on Cusa TV. Dropped my subscription after ESPN+ picked up most of our games. Anyone know of other place to watch utsa game? Looked around and couldn't find any thing else. Really hoping that fau does us a solid today with an on the road win. 

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Maybe! I just remember he had a sleeveless airbrushed shirt, and I may be mixing him in with the Mendez Valdez arts-and-crafts family fashion show in 09. 

You totally forgot the Kerusch Krew and we are all worst for it. What's next - assigning the badass one-legged Denver cheerleader a spot on the FAU squad? 

OMV and his twin brother are the ones that killed their parents in the 90s. There was a big trial and everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

You totally forgot the Kerusch Krew and we are all worst for it. What's next - assigning the badass one-legged Denver cheerleader a spot on the FAU squad? 

OMV and his twin brother are the ones that killed their parents in the 90s. There was a big trial and everything.

I wound up working with a Denver grad of that era a few years later, and he was legit uncomfortable how much I knew about Rohnert, Udofia, the Hallam Brothers, and that basketball cheerleader with the full prosthetic. Shame on him for not keeping up with his own basketball team. 

Good call on the OMV trial. It says a lot about their recruiting standards that they'd bring him on board so soon after AJ Slaughter faced compelling charges that he'd killed Nicole Brown Slaughter. Shame, WKU.