• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Philip Ferguson

Shane Buechele transfers to SMU

9 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Damn, that's a pretty solid upgrade.

And he will be going in as a Grad Transfer. Guess we will see him soon

Pressure will be key due to his lack of mobility. That is why was dropped to second team at UT. Seemed like a good kid but I wonder now considering he picked smuT.  Hell of an upgrade from Eyore Hicks. 

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Maybe. 

Don’t kid yourselves.  Buechele is a good QB.  He just happened to have been beat out by a better QB.  Definitely an improvement for smut.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Don’t kid yourselves.  Buechele is a good QB.  He just happened to have been beat out by a better QB.  Definitely an improvement for smut.

I still think Shane is the better passer. I just don't think he's a good fit for Herman's system.  Not that Ehlinger is bad, I like both of them.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Must have been a sweet signing bonus

His family is in the area in Arlington I think.  I think it's more about that than anything else 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Maybe he can help them get more than 36 total yards through 3 quarters against us.

Yeah.  It was kinda embarrassing to play them last year /sarcasm.

Two things.

1. I'm glad that he won't arrive until the fall. So that by the second game of the season (us) he'll still be learning their system.

2. We really need to be working hard this spring on the development of our DL,  especially our pass rush. 

• Upvote 2

It should make them a bit more competitive and avoid another thumping from us. But he alone does not give them enough to beat us and make the ponies an AAC title contender.

I hope he enjoys playing in a red, white, and blue uniform as much as his daddy did when he was a third baseman for the local Major League Baseball favorite, the Texas Rangers.  Perhaps, someday, they will have lunch together at the Burger House and enjoy some quality father and son time together.  A good dad will always take time to out his life to advise his son(s) on what to seek - besides the Lord's wisdom - in finding the right, female soulmate; and, a burger lunch is a good way to begin that conversation.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

On 2/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, ihopehe said:

I hope he enjoys playing in a red, white, and blue uniform as much as his daddy did when he was a third baseman for the local Major League Baseball favorite, the Texas Rangers.  Perhaps, someday, they will have lunch together at the Burger House and enjoy some quality father and son time together.  A good dad will always take time to out his life to advise his son(s) on what to seek - besides the Lord's wisdom - in finding the right, female soulmate; and, a burger lunch is a good way to begin that conversation.

This has my vote for best (and corniest) bit of the year

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, greenjoe said:

So you don't think someone at Southern Meth will slip him a play book and invite him to watch practice ? 

Oh I'm sure he already has their play book. But nothing substitutes for actual "reps" in a scrimmage, to get a QB completely comfortable with a new system.