Column: Major changes coming for North Texas?

Skipper

Just some excerpts of journalistic greatness for an article that's basically a week late to the party:

"Major Applewhite would be the dream hire for the Mean Green. Applewhite was fired as the head coach of the Houston Cougars..."

"Another in house candidate is offensive line coach Chuck Langston. Langston has been on the Mean Green staff since 2017 and previously served as an offensive coordinator at Lamar."

This all kinda fits as one big quote (and is almost 1/4 of the article)

"Harrell’s departure could also hint that head coach Seth Littrell could be the next to go. Littrell nearly took the opening at Kansas State, but when reports surfaced that the Wildcats would not allow Littrell to bring his staff with him to Manhattan, Littrell stayed in Denton. I believe that Littrell will leave Denton and the Mean Green after this season when his star quarterback Mason Fine graduates and possibly enters the NFL draft.

"All in all, there will be some changes to the North Texas football program. Someone will have to call the plays and guide the offense. Major Applewhite would be a huge coup for the Mean Green.

"An outside hire would signal that major changes are on the horizon."

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

For some reason, I like their page on Facebook, so I'll occasionally see articles on my home page as I scroll - Lately, it seems like majority of their articles are just trash. 

One thing is for sure - They need to stop their opinion pieces. They wrote one when the whole Seth-leaving debacle was going on (back in late October/early November I think) and talked about how he "has no place in larger conferences." Who comes up with this stuff? 

It has been apparent on numerous occasions that there is no one with sports knowledge, let alone football knowledge (not just with UNT but other schools as well - i.e. even mentioning Applewhite as a replacement), on that staff. These guys have got to stop or just refresh this entire staff. 

• Upvote 1

What a clown article 🤡

11 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think this is 100% of news outlets/journalist whether it is sports or real life news. Give us the FACTS we can decide for ourselves, we don't give a crap about opinions.

This. I have stopped watching ESPN specifically because of this reason. It's no longer just about sports coverage. It's about how many pots blowhards like Stephen A. Smith can stir to get reactions from people. I used to love Around the Horn and even that is cringe-worthy now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

What a clown article 🤡

This. I have stopped watching ESPN specifically because of this reason. It's no longer just about sports coverage. It's about how many pots blowhards like Stephen A. Smith can stir to get reactions from people. I used to love Around the Horn and even that is cringe-worthy now. 

Smith is sports talk and definitely NOT sports news.  Don't care for him either.

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Smith is sports talk and definitely NOT sports news.  Don't care for him either.

Never said he was sports news. But even Sportscenter is unwatchable now. I can only take so much Zion Williamson, Duke Basketball, Lebron shoved in my face. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I haven’t watched Sports Center completely through in a year or more. I may switch over for a few highlights, but the Lebron Lovefest is too much. 

Exactly. They seriously just ran an article about Lebron giving his thoughts on the Mavs trade situation with Harrison Barnes. Why do I care what Lebron thinks about how that all went down?