Ryan Donates $30 million to UNT

MCMLXXX

He really is one of our best and most contributing alumni. I remember one of his co-workers trying to clown him on Twitter regarding someone buying Seth out and he referenced his bank account for something to the effect of he has the money to keep him here. Baller move

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he continues to give money to the University of North Texas.  And, I hope he continues to help bring in a variety of speakers to the Kuehne Speaker Series, even if the hippies don't like all the speakers.  After all, mama says, variety is the spice of life.

Variety of speakers? I feel like they've all been on one side of the spectrum thus far. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, greengal said:

You have the right to your opinion but I respectfully disagree.  They actually have had a pretty representative group of speakers and have raised a lot of money for UNT.   Allen Dershowitz voted for Hillary Clinton and is a lifelong democrat.  Richard Fischer who was head of the Federal Reserve Bank ran as a democrat against Kay Bailey Hutchison and lost.   General Keith Alexander was appointed by Obama to lead USCybercom.  General Michael Hayden served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency  in both the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations.   General Hayden has been a fierce Trump critic.  Admiral James Stadrivis was appointed by Obama to lead NATO forces.  I think the point of the series is to look at the accomplishments of the speakers not the politics.  It shows the world that UNT is no longer just a "Teachers College" and is a top notch academic institution.

Yes, but people only remember what they choose to remember. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Well...Seems pretty one sided to me. Only 1 person in the bunch even served in a Republican Presidency. Then a devout Trump critic!! Oh Boy.

At least these speakers are raising money for UNT.

You realize that’s not the complete list of speakers and was just the ones the poster picked to show it was more evenly spread amongst political philosophies, right? There were many others then were clearly Republican or Conservative. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, ihopehe said:

I hope he continues to give money to the University of North Texas.  And, I hope he continues to help bring in a variety of speakers to the Kuehne Speaker Series, even if the hippies don't like all the speakers.  After all, mama says, variety is the spice of life.

Get a HAIR CUT!!!! Peace

On 2/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, greengal said:

You have the right to your opinion but I respectfully disagree.  They actually have had a pretty representative group of speakers and have raised a lot of money for UNT.   Allen Dershowitz voted for Hillary Clinton and is a lifelong democrat.  Richard Fischer who was head of the Federal Reserve Bank ran as a democrat against Kay Bailey Hutchison and lost.   General Keith Alexander was appointed by Obama to lead USCybercom.  General Michael Hayden served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency  in both the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations.   General Hayden has been a fierce Trump critic.  Admiral James Stadrivis was appointed by Obama to lead NATO forces.  I think the point of the series is to look at the accomplishments of the speakers not the politics.  It shows the world that UNT is no longer just a "Teachers College" and is a top notch academic institution.

If you were lucky enough to attend a lecture by ADM Stavridis you probably learned something. Served with him twice and he is the smartest human I have ever known. And the most apolitical. He never cared about political affiliations because he thought politicians were idiots. His only fault was he is too short to drive the lane.

• Upvote 1