DRC breaking news: Cobbs, Jennings to join staff

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Was initially skeptically of anyone that worked with the normally atrocious Texas Tech defense, but they (especially the secondary) really stepped it up last season. I'm optimistic. 

13 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Was initially skeptically of anyone that worked with the normally atrocious Texas Tech defense, but they (especially the secondary) really stepped it up last season. I'm optimistic. 

I thought the same at first. But if you look at his track record from other schools, especially being part of the TCU staff, who almost year in and year out have a solid defense, I think any down time at TTU can be attributed to one of two things: A- the difficulty of recruiting to TTU; B- the insane offenses in the Big XII. But he did show success towards the end at TTU, like you said.

5 minutes ago, CarmanSandiego said:

I thought the same at first. But if you look at his track record from other schools, especially being part of the TCU staff, who almost year in and year out have a solid defense, I think any down time at TTU can be attributed to one of two things: A- the difficulty of recruiting to TTU; B- the insane offenses in the Big XII. But he did show success towards the end at TTU, like you said.

My biggest thing was their jump to one of the top teams in the country for takeaways. No easy feat after having arguably one of the worst defenses in the country for years. They showed some real moxey last season. So much so that their defense actually kept them in games that their offense lost for them. I was impressed

• Upvote 1