• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheReal_jayD

Art Briles interviewing with Southern Miss

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Follow up thought: how much weight would a Briles hire bring to CUSA as compared to, say, Kiffin/FAU?

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

"Weight" isn't the word at all.  But publicity?  I imagine quite a bit.

Or an even crazier question, what if Kiffin, who hired Kendal despite the risk and has struggled since Kendal left, hired Art as OC? Is Kiffin crazy or ballsy enough to do something like that? I know his “give a F” meter when it comes to bad publicity is about at zero.

• Upvote 3

University says "no" to Briles

Southern Miss will not hire Art Briles for its coaching staff after meeting with the former Baylor coach about its offensive coordinator vacancy, despite Briles having the public backing of Golden Eagles head coach Jay Hopson.

"We have met with Art Briles regarding a position with the Southern Miss football program," the school said in a statement Wednesday morning. "Following that meeting, we informed him that he is not a candidate. The university will have no further comment on this matter."

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I know his “give a F” meter when it comes to bad publicity is about at zero.

I don't admire the man for much, but I admire him for this.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Just read that USM coach has given several rapists scholarships throughout his coaching career.

True! However, my anonymous inside source informs me that each such player had to sign an ironclad agreement that they would, at all times, keep their concealed weapon taped securely to their bodies while in the company of women.

• Eye Roll 1

Apparently, the administration stopped theBriles candidacy and the West recruitment. Both of these were supposedly tried to keep from the administration.  If true, does this put Hobson on a short leash.  I would think so.

• Upvote 1

I should clarify that my respect level for the coach who wanted to hire him, has NOT gone up. I'd expect after his public clash with the administration, that he will eventually find his way out the door.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1