Art Briles interviewing with Southern Miss

TheReal_jayD

Good for him. If they give him a chance, I hope he does his best to make sure nobody he ever comes into contact with allows what happened at Baylor to happen again. He could be a cautionary tale and teach good life lessons if there is any morality in there. As a bonus, he’s pretty good at calling an offense.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Good for him. If they give him a chance, I hope he does his best to make sure nobody he ever comes into contact with allows what happened at Baylor to happen again. He could be a cautionary tale and teach good life lessons if there is any morality in there. As a bonus, he’s pretty good at calling an offense.

23 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Not exactly good publicity for the conference.

If he does get hired on, I'm sure it will be met with the strongest backlash possible. IMO, it would be a disastrous move. I can see donors pulling money, people boycotting games, etc. Let's not forget what he is in the dog house for, some of the most abhorrent crimes possible and covering them up. With the whole #Metoo movement still going on, that's not the kind of publicity you want and I doubt he lasts long before they cave to outside pressure.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everything in the country is "what have you done for me lately." Sure, there'll be backlash for a minute, but the second the team is put on the field, everyone will forget whose running the offense.

The bigger backlash will come when he's hired away as HC, which will inevitably happen somewhere. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

If he does get hired on, I'm sure it will be met with the strongest backlash possible. IMO, it would be a disastrous move. I can see donors pulling money, people boycotting games, etc. Let's not forget what he is in the dog house for, some of the most abhorrent crimes possible and covering them up. With the whole #Metoo movement still going on, that's not the kind of publicity you want and I doubt he lasts long before they cave to outside pressure.

Surprisingly, Kendal “you like white women?” Briles got little to no backlash when he was hired as a CUSA OC. I think there was a bigger backlash here in Austin when Tom Herman hired his buddy Casey Horny straight off the Baylor trash pile. You know what the end result was? Herman hired him anyway and everyone forgot all about it within weeks.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Surprisingly, Kendal “you like white women?” Briles got little to no backlash when he was hired as a CUSA OC. I think thee was a bigger backlash here in Austin when Tom Herman hires his buddy Casey Horny straight of the Baylor trash pile. You know what the end result was? Herman hired him anyway and everyone forgot all about it within weeks.

A quick Google search shows that even just the fact that he is being interviewed is making national news among every major media outlet. I think outside pressure will be enough for them to back away eventually. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I bemoan PC culture as much as the next guy but this is 2019...

Right? Ever since I had to stop posting stormfront links and facilitating rape because of this BS "accountability" to "women" and "minorities", I've found life to be just the biggest chore. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 5

Just now, Quoner said:

I'm good. You focus on defending the sacred honor of the Kansas Jayhawks and I'll keep doing my thing. Cool?

Appreciate it. I'll be at Allen Fieldhouse this weekend against Oklahoma State. Check me out on TV. I'll be the one wearing the Mean Green polo shirt

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Whatever backlash they face, it won't be in Hattiesburg if he helps get them back to being a nationally-ranked team.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

A quick Google search shows that even just the fact that he is being interviewed is making national news among every major media outlet. I think outside pressure will be enough for them to back away eventually. 

Yes it is national news until someone hires him because many out there don’t want him hired anywhere ever. If he ever actually does get hired, it’ll be no news at all after a week. There will be minor dust ups the first week of the season, when his team plays someone notable, or does something notable. After one year, it won’t matter who hires him next. It’s all about the risk of being first.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1