• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheReal_jayD

Seth to Call plays in 2019

Recommended Posts

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

This is huge news. Seth was one of the best OC in the country before coming to North Texas. Wish this would have happened sooner. But better late than never

Excited for no more second half offensive collapses

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I think this is great news.  As head coach you have lots of things to control. Not having a OC you trust to call plays I think limits the concentration in other areas.  May work out great, but is concerning to me.

 

  • Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is huge news. Seth was one of the best OC in the country before coming to North Texas. Wish this would have happened sooner. But better late than never

Where is this information coming from?  I have mixed emotions about this.  While I have zero doubt he'll be a great play caller, it does have side effects elsewhere as a head coach.  For one, he must have complete and total faith in Reffett to run that side of the ball.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth is one of the rare air raid Head coaches that hasn't called their own plays as a hc. Holgerson, Kliff and Leach himself all call their own plays. Seth was one of the top OC in the country before coming to UNT. I wish this move would have been made sooner.

Agreed. I'm excited to see how he mixes things up. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth is one of the rare air raid Head coaches that hasn't called their own plays as a hc. Holgerson, Kliff and Leach himself all call their own plays. Seth was one of the top OC in the country before coming to UNT. I wish this move would have been made sooner.

I agree.  Where is this information coming from?  

Also, I saw on www.meangreensports.com that Koonz is listed as the LB Coach and has added Co-D Coordinator.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I would guess this means they hire an understudy OC. If I were an experienced play caller I would not want to come to this situation. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree.  Where is this information coming from?  

Also, I saw on www.meangreensports.com that Koonz is listed as the LB Coach and has added Co-D Coordinator.

What information?

  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I wonder if this was suggested by a potential suitor. 

i KNow Seth wasn't happy with the offensive struggles. I knew that he was going to be much more involved this year.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dml7007 said:

Not sure I think this is great news.  As head coach you have lots of things to control. Not having a OC you trust to call plays I think limits the concentration in other areas.  May work out great, but is concerning to me.

 

 

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Where is this information coming from?  I have mixed emotions about this.  While I have zero doubt he'll be a great play caller, it does have side effects elsewhere as a head coach.  For one, he must have complete and total faith in Reffett to run that side of the ball.  

Works out (mostly) for the Texans, too. Bill O'Brien has been calling plays each year as HC, and they've been making the playoffs. I wish they'd get further (as the best team in Texas, unquestionably) but that's on the GM in my book.

  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Him combined with Masons input should be great!

Think is a piece of the puzzle that not many people may consider. Mason's input and on the line adjustments could be massive for the offense. We already know he is a smart football player. This is what I'm excited to see. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

What information?

That SL is calling the plays.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these guys just have the QB coach as an Eye-in-the-sky/co-OC to give them the booth view (which is always the concern w HCs calling their own plays). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This means he must have full trust that Reffet can keep the defense on track / improve it with less oversight. Makes me wonder how involved Reffett was in deciding on Jennings as the new DBs coach.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this