Seth to Call plays in 2019

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is huge news. Seth was one of the best OC in the country before coming to North Texas. Wish this would have happened sooner. But better late than never

Where is this information coming from?  I have mixed emotions about this.  While I have zero doubt he'll be a great play caller, it does have side effects elsewhere as a head coach.  For one, he must have complete and total faith in Reffett to run that side of the ball.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth is one of the rare air raid Head coaches that hasn't called their own plays as a hc. Holgerson, Kliff and Leach himself all call their own plays. Seth was one of the top OC in the country before coming to UNT. I wish this move would have been made sooner.

Agreed. I'm excited to see how he mixes things up. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth is one of the rare air raid Head coaches that hasn't called their own plays as a hc. Holgerson, Kliff and Leach himself all call their own plays. Seth was one of the top OC in the country before coming to UNT. I wish this move would have been made sooner.

I agree.  Where is this information coming from?  

Also, I saw on www.meangreensports.com that Koonz is listed as the LB Coach and has added Co-D Coordinator.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, dml7007 said:

Not sure I think this is great news.  As head coach you have lots of things to control. Not having a OC you trust to call plays I think limits the concentration in other areas.  May work out great, but is concerning to me.

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Where is this information coming from?  I have mixed emotions about this.  While I have zero doubt he'll be a great play caller, it does have side effects elsewhere as a head coach.  For one, he must have complete and total faith in Reffett to run that side of the ball.  

Works out (mostly) for the Texans, too. Bill O'Brien has been calling plays each year as HC, and they've been making the playoffs. I wish they'd get further (as the best team in Texas, unquestionably) but that's on the GM in my book.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Him combined with Masons input should be great!

Think is a piece of the puzzle that not many people may consider. Mason's input and on the line adjustments could be massive for the offense. We already know he is a smart football player. This is what I'm excited to see. 

• Upvote 3

• 10 months later...