Looked At Individuals’ Conference Stats

BillySee58

It’s ugly. Draper shooting 23% from the field and 26% from three. Arikawe is a big man shooting almost exclusively from the paint and he’s barely over 40% from the field and is 25% from the free throw line, Rose is 35% from the field and 28% from three and turning it over twice a game as a guy who shouldn’t be in position to turn it over much, and Gibson is 36% from the field and 33% from three, which doesn’t sound that bad by comparison. Last, Jahmiah Simmons is shooting 36% from the field when most of his shots come on drives which should be high percentage. He is 0-6 from three in conference play and  is shooting 21%(!!!) from the FREE THROW line, and he’s getting there twice a game.

I feel like we’re getting decent looks too. I’d like to say it’s just a lot of shooting funks at the same time, but it sure has been prolonged.

DB865028-0F50-47C0-994E-3FAB16166781.png

78DE84C7-B1A4-49D4-8719-B710D063925D.png

24E4F487-6191-43A2-9B11-BFD38675A87E.png

90C2DBAF-211E-4971-9DCB-567D67D970BF.png

4AC9884A-A5E5-4C70-A90D-EDBFABBCDAA5.png

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s ugly. Draper shooting 23% from the field and 26% from three. Arikawe is a big man shooting almost exclusively from the paint and he’s barely over 40% from the field and is 25% from the free throw line, Rose is 35% from the field and 28% from three and turning it over twice a game as a guy who shouldn’t be in position to turn it over much, and Gibson is 36% from the field and 33% from three, which doesn’t sound that bad by comparison. Last, Jahmiah Simmons is shooting 36% from the field when most of his shots come on drives which should be high percentage. He is 0-6 from three in conference play and  is shooting 21%(!!!) from the FREE THROW line, and he’s getting there twice a game.

I feel like we’re getting decent looks too. I’d like to say it’s just a lot of shooting dunks at the same time, but it sure has been prolonged.

And we are still winning games and have had shots to win the other 4. 

Have we had a game this year where 2 guys get hot at the same time?

• Upvote 1

Smart is the big issue, he just has to get better for this team to finish strong. 

Arikawe doesn't play much,  J. Simmons has not been an offensive threat all year, and Draper has been exposed with extended minutes.

This team needs Duffy back; this despite what some say, is not a deep team.  

This team has one good front court player in Zack Simmons who seems to be continually in the dog house.   After that a little used Arikawe and a 6'4 J. Simmons.  

The guard position is in better shape but far from deep.   Miller, Gibson, Woolridge, Draper, Duffy and Smart at guard is really not that deep either for a team that likes to play 4 guards.  

NT has very balanced scoring, but is far from deep.   

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Smart is the big issue, he just has to get better for this team to finish strong. 

I agree that Smart is the big issue. He went from our best offensive player to a very bad offensive player this year.

Arikawe doesn't play much,  J. Simmons has not been an offensive threat all year, and Draper has been exposed with extended minutes.

Draper played more last year than this year. I don’t think it’s a matter of being exposed by playing more minutes, he’s just playing terribly. He’s not a great player but he can definitely play better. And Arikawe and Simmons aren’t key points of the offense but they have been bad, J Simmons being awful. Defense funnels the ball towards J Simmons and it works out great for them. J Simmons and Arikawe have terrible offensive ratings. We don’t need them to be key players, but they’re liabilities right now and it brings down the whole offense, which isn’t doing great outside of them.

This team needs Duffy back; this despite what some say, is not a deep team.  

This team has one good front court player in Zack Simmons who seems to be continually in the dog house.   After that a little used Arikawe and a 6'4 J. Simmons.  

The guard position is in better shape but far from deep.   Miller, Gibson, Woolridge, Draper, Duffy and Smart at guard is really not that deep either for a team that likes to play 4 guards.  

NT has very balanced scoring, but is far from deep.   

Yup

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 2/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, BillySee58 said:

I feel like we’re getting decent looks too. I’d like to say it’s just a lot of shooting funks at the same time, but it sure has been prolonged.

Gross.

Great work here @BillySee58, but gross.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, 97and03 said:

Being able to hit free throws would also help. 

Man, I’ve been feeling the same way so I looked up the percentage the other day and some of the best teams in the NCAA have similar stats at the line. I couldn’t believe it.

I need to look at the OOC and conference splits, but it feels like it has been real bad lately. It’s not like conference teams defend the free throw line any better than out of conference teams. It seems from where ever we stand on the floor, the ball is not going down.

• Upvote 2

Just now, MeanMag said:

Man, I’ve been feeling the same way so I looked up the percentage the other day and some of the best teams in the NCAA have similar stats at the line. I couldn’t believe it.

I need to look at the OOC and conference splits, but it feels like it has been real bad lately. It’s not like conference teams defend the free throw line any better than out of conference teams. It seems from where ever we stand on the floor, the ball is not going down.

I would bet those top teams have a much better FG percentage and can more afford to miss a few FTs. 

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I would bet those top teams have a much better FG percentage and can more afford to miss a few FTs. 

There is no question, they do. I remember Duke being somewhat close. Our josh white and Tristan thompson teams made their living at the line and spoiled me with their FT percentage.

• Upvote 2