Charlotte (2/2/19)

CMJ

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

You forgot to add that both teams are pretty good and damn near impossible to beat at their place. 

Grant is a very good basketball coach, and I doubt many who really know college basketball would disagree.  

No. Being a top 100 team means they are pretty damn good. Also they are not near impossible to beat at home.

He is a very good basketball coach. There are a lot of very good basketball coaches in the world. Being a top D-1 coach takes a lot more than being a good basketball coach.

I like him but I was pointing out he will have 3 20 win seasons against average to bad opponents.

Juat because your last girlfriend was a 2 doesnt make your new girl a 8 when she really is a 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

No. Being a top 100 team means they are pretty damn good. Also they are not near impossible to beat at home.

He is a very good basketball coach. There are a lot of very good basketball coaches in the world. Being a top D-1 coach takes a lot more than being a good basketball coach.

I like him but I was pointing out he will have 3 20 win seasons against average to bad opponents.

Juat because your last girlfriend was a 2 doesnt make your new girl a 8 when she really is a 6.

Yes, NT is definitely not an elite basketball program.  It doesn't have the budget, the conference affiliation or the history.  

Not sure how you define top d-1 coach?   My definition would entail beating most of the peer programs you play.  

I think it is highly unlikely that any other coach NT could hire could accomplish more in two years.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, NT is definitely not an elite basketball program.  It doesn't have the budget, the conference affiliation or the history.  

Not sure how you define top d-1 coach?   My definition would entail beating most of the peer programs you play.  

I think it is highly unlikely that any other coach NT could hire could accomplish more in two years.  

Ok Dan Mccarney

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4

21 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Wasn't trashing a 20 win season and don't know what gig'n the coach means.

I just said that Grant in his 3 years as a head coach he has only beaten average or bad teams while losing in the first round of 2 conference tournaments. 

I think San Francisco is proving we beat a pretty good team last year 2 of 3.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Felozano said:

How much is Macasland tinkering with his lineups?  It seemed to click by the end of last year.  If he keeps tinkering until he finds a line up that works for certain situations, then that’s a good thing. Right?

I honestly don’t know if he’s tinkering, I’m sincerely asking. 

Duffy and Miller were big during the CBI.

Duffy won us a game this year and missing him the past 3 have hurt. 

• Upvote 1

3pm Tipoff
ESPN Game Page
Stream 95.3 The Range via TuneIn
TV Broadcast available on ESPN+

The Mean Green (18-4, 6-3 C-USA) had three players score in double figures on Thursday in Virginia, as Ryan Woolridge led all scorers with 19 points. Old Dominion's size and the current lack of depth by UNT hurt the Mean Green as they were outrebounded and struggled to contain the Monarch's scoring inside. 

Senior Michael Miller has been bright spot for North Texas over the past few games. Miller scored 17 points on Thursday, which marked the most points he's scored since he scored a career-high 35 points on Dec. 20. His 17-point performance came on the heels of a 15-point outing last week versus Middle Tennessee.

MGS.com Preview

Atleast Arikawe is in early. I cannot find a plus minus stat for our roster, but I kept up with it on my phone a few games recently and Arikawe was one of our top guys. We always seem to play well when he is in. I cannot say the same for Jamiah Simmons. I was hoping he would be a difference maker for us. 

• Upvote 1