New Coaches

UNTLifer

3 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I mean, this has been in the either for a couple of weeks now and only one of you has to get someone to say something on the record. Just curious if you burned a source or the school gave you full confirmation before Vito. Either scenario is hilarious - the AD is either embracing GMG as news central because of how much they dislike Vito or you are gonna get someone in trouble/lose a source. As a chaos agent, I'm here for all of it. 

Swing and a miss...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 3

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Swing and a miss...

I hope you are building a sweet news desk then. I want Harry barking at you, Tasty and Cerebus to get the eff out of the chair and find the real scoops.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I hope you are building a sweet news desk then. I want Harry barking at you, Tasty and Cerebus to get the eff out of the chair and find the real scoops.

Meanwhile, @All About UNT single-finger types Andy Rooney editorials about the superiority of rotary phones. 

Cobbs press release:

Cobbs Joins Mean Green As RBs Coach

DENTON - North Texas head football coach Seth Littrell announced Monday that former Mean Green and NFL running back Patrick Cobbs has been named the Mean Green's running backs coach.

“I’m very excited to bring Patrick Cobbs into our program as a running backs coach,” Littrell said. “He has an incredible understanding of the position, but more than that, he has been coached by some of the best coaches in the game, and has developed a keen understanding of how to teach and communicate his knowledge. The fact that he is one of the best to ever play the position at North Texas and he had a successful NFL career, gives him the credentials that everyone in our running backs room will respect. He is the perfect candidate for this position and I can’t wait to get him started.”   

Cobbs will oversee a group of talented backs that were paced last season by DeAndre Torrey. The Mississippi native was in his first season in Denton and averaged 5.6 yards per carry and scored 15 rushing touchdowns (18 total). Torrey, a second team all-conference performer, ranked seventh in FBS in total touchdowns. 

Cobbs joins the Mean Green staff following five seasons as the running backs coach at Denton Ryan High School and has learned under head coaching legends Bill Belichick and Nick Saban throughout his six-year NFL career.

The Shawnee, Oklahoma, native appeared in 54 games, all with the Miami Dolphins. Cobbs was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots in 2006 before being traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers. He then joined the Dolphins later that season, making his NFL debut that season.

Following six seasons with the Dolphins, Cobbs signed with the New Orleans Saints ahead of the 2011 season, but did not appear for the team due to injury.

Cobbs was a four-year letterwinner during his playing career at North Texas (2001-2005) where he was the program’s second-leading rusher. He finished with 4,050 rushing yards on 818 carries with 36 rushing touchdowns in 48 career appearances. Cobbs was the nation’s leading rusher in 2003, posting 1,680 yards for the Mean Green and was part of four bowl teams with North Texas.

You clowns need to take your #toxicmasculinity to the Pie forum.

This thread has grown into setting up a steel-cage death match between JayD & Vito to determine the Mean Green’s greatest scooper.

My money is on Vito to win after the Great Derek Thompson shows up to deliver a set of brass knuckles wrapped in a parking pass to Vito. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Looks like @TheReal_jayD was correct! 

As I said in another thread, Jennings played in the DL when he was at North Texas. 

* From the UT Football website

"A four-year letterwinner (1992-95) as a defensive lineman and special teams standout at North Texas, Jennings was a member of the Mean Green’s 1994 Southland Conference championship team and the school’s first NCAA FBS squad in 1995. He began his coaching career as a student assistant (1996) and then graduate assistant (1997) at North Texas before moving on to Morehouse.

A native of Waco, Texas, Jennings is a 1997 North Texas graduate with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. He and his wife, Belinda, have a son, Kirby, and daughter, Kenzie."

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You clowns need to take your #toxicmasculinity to the Pie forum.

This thread has grown into setting up a steel-cage death match between JayD & Vito to determine the Mean Green’s greatest scooper.

My money is on Vito to win after the Great Derek Thompson shows up to deliver a set of brass knuckles wrapped in a parking pass to Vito. 

giphy (2).gif

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

You guys are too new school.  I prefer old school where you simply knock them on the head with a club and drag them back to your cave.  You only have to avoid the smilodons. 

Call me old-fashioned, but I just swim through egg patches and broadcast a cloud of sperm.

It's a numbers game.

But back to the topic, has anyone ever SEEN JayD and Bert in the same room at the same time? How do I know which one is Andy Kaufman and which is Tony Clifton, when I'm pretty sure they're both Tony Clifton? How do I know which one to shoot?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypox said:

Call me old-fashioned, but I just swim through egg patches and broadcast a cloud of sperm.

It's a numbers game.

But back to the topic, has anyone ever SEEN JayD and Bert in the same room at the same time? How do I know which one is Andy Kaufman and which is Tony Clifton, when I'm pretty sure they're both Tony Clifton? How do I know which one to shoot?

tc.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2