DRC: UNT to pay Texas Southern $360,000 for 2022 game

Brett Vito

Not sure about their football team but the Ocean of Soul is coming to town!  (Think Grambling)

For all of those who complain about the Green Brigade and want a band to bring high energy and marching performance at halftime, you may need to wait till 2022 but it will be at Apogee. 

They are much more worried with the performance than the music but it is a show.

Dancers are called the Motion of the Ocean. 

***This is not commentary on the Green Brigade***

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, ipd054 said:

Not sure about their football team but the Ocean of Soul is coming to town!  (Think Grambling)

For all of those who complain about the Green Brigade and want a band to bring high energy and marching performance at halftime, you may need to wait till 2022 but it will be at Apogee. 

They are much more worried with the performance than the music but it is a show.

Dancers are called the Motion of the Ocean. 

***This is not commentary on the Green Brigade***

I was not impressed with "The Ocean Of Soul" when they performed the last time Tx Southern came to Apogee (2012); actually, I was disappointed.

***This is not commentary on the Green Brigade, either*** 🙂

32 minutes ago, Stix said:

I was not impressed with "The Ocean Of Soul" when they performed the last time Tx Southern came to Apogee (2012); actually, I was disappointed.

***This is not commentary on the Green Brigade, either*** 🙂

Wasn't that Bethune Cookman?  I remember being excited to see them and then was terribly disappointed.  Reminded me of the band in the original Longest Yard.

• Downvote 1

Does anyone else see what's wrong with this picture???

Texas Southern would give us five OOC games in 2022.  We normally have FOUR out-of-conference games per year in order to fulfill our conference schedule of eight games (six division).  Since we are not scheduling Hawaii that year we are only allowed twelve regular season games.  

That could only mean two things...SMU is being dropped/moved to another year or we will be in another conference.  Curiously, this would also give us two FCS opponents in 2022 (Stephen F Austin and Texas Southern).  Actually, a third option is that the SFA date, scheduled for September 3, could be cancelled or moved to another year.

I don't think that we could change conferences within that short of a time frame so the obvious answer is that SFA gets cancelled or moved.  In the extremely remote chance that we could be moving to the AAC we would either need another OOC game or play two FCS opponents in the same year since we are scheduled to play SMU and Memphis in 2022.

So you saw the Portland State coming?  Before the game you didnt feel UNT was not going to win.   Maybe after the first play not before.  I am just saying think we think we will push them all over the field,  we are not good enough to overlook any opponent.   ODU comes to mind this last season.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This team and coaching staff is a far cry from the one that got it's ass kicked by Portland State

The situation is not as cut and dry as saying it was the staff.  People in the parking lot tailgating knew that McCarney was weeks (if not a week) from being ousted and fired.  The players surely got wind of it and said F it.  However we should also note that Portland State beat Washington State that same year.   I remember driving out of my father-in-law's driveway and hearing the game end (WSU game) and let out a "fu*#" when I heard them win.  Wife asked what was up and I said they are going to destroy us.