• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Huff

Nice Article In Today's Star-Telegram

Star-Telegram: Harrell departure telling of how far UNT has come and the headaches it must endure

North Texas has a major problem of its own making, and is now eyeballs deep in a “crisis” it only wants.

Once an athletic department that could not find, or attract, a good coach, UNT is finally in a position to fight off suitors from the outside from raiding its staff directory.

This is what happens when you win on the non-Power 5 level, when finding a good coach is not nearly as difficult as keeping them. 

There is not a single non Power 5 athletic director who does not want UNT’s “problems.”

I would have preferred that he worded his last sentence a little different.  I would have said "Coaches who are actively recruited and lured away" rather than "Coaches who leave".

Since Jerry Moore left, most of our coaches have left, bailed out, or just got fired. Now, they are moving on the way they are supposed to......because of success. 

• Upvote 2

Jerry Moore was a long freaking time ago.  I mean a long time!  

• Upvote 1