Joe Greene Hall on track for fall opening

Skipper

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Really I thought unt took over that land , So all UNT has is Sack N Save the old Mickey D's and Ihop property?

Yes.  

25 minutes ago, Cowtown said:

All freshmen park at Stadium Blue lot. I know, I have a freshman there now.

Over time this will be the rule for everyone.  Almost all the internal parking lots are slated to be used for actual buildings in the future.   A handful of faculty/staff will have spots on this side of the highway.  Everyone else will park across the street and bus over to campus. 

Of course this is long timeline.  

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Over time this will be the rule for everyone.  Almost all the internal parking lots are slated to be used for actual buildings in the future.   A handful of faculty/staff will have spots on this side of the highway.  Everyone else will park across the street and bus over to campus. 

Who gets to park in that giant new parking garage at the corner of Ave A & Highland?

On 1/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, Cerebus said:

Yes.  

@Cerebus @Cowtown  As a freshman back in my day, I would not have found this very enticing.  I stayed in Maple and for the most part was able to find parking in that lot my first semester (I tore my ACL that November, so I had a handicap sign most of my 2nd semester and had little issue finding a parking spot).  It seems like this would be such a pain, but I also don't know much about the logistics (i.e. how often busses come - if they run on weekends, 24 hours in a day, etc.).  If I live in a dorm, ideally, I want to be able to park at least near it.  I can't imagine having to make it across a highway just to get to my dorm.  That stinks that the strip mall is privately owned - that would be perfect for additional parking for those dorms. 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1