Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTLifer

NEW OC Speculation MegaThread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Just FYI, while this does not tell the full story of the season, i think it's really cool to look at Mason Fine's splits as it relates to 1st half v 2nd half and how he progressed by month...

 

I've spent wayyy too much time looking at this so far this morning.

 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/4039073/mason-fine

Am I reading that right?  1 4th quarter TD?!  That is a very scary and telling statistic in and of itself.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So we find out tomorrow?   Is there a press conference the public can attend?  

Press conference for the OC? He hasnt hired anybody .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Press conference for the OC? He hasnt hired anybody .

So it identifies as a man, things are getting interesting now!!! lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pry him away from Wazzu and not only does Littrell burn his bridge with Leach permanently, but probably also puts Leach on the market.  If his Athletic Department cannot outbid "little 'ol North Texas", he's outta there ASAP.

You'd have to think that Mike Leach, a professional who has been in the college football game a long time, would understand. This is just how things go.

If this guy wants to move up in the world, he's going to do more than be Wazzu's WR coach. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

You'd have to think that Mike Leach, a professional who has been in the college football game a long time, would understand. This is just how things go.

If this guy wants to move up in the world, he's going to do more than be Wazzu's WR coach. 

Yep.  If we are hiring him, I'm certain Seth would have asked Mike Leach for permission and Mike doesn't seem the time to stand in the way of his assistants moving on.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Nichol was the OC for East Carolina in 2015 prior to joining Leach at WSU.

That 2015 East Carolina team went 5-7 (3-5 in conference - AAC).

The team had 3,370 passing yards and 21 touchdowns and 1,618 rushing yards with 19 touchdowns.

The team also average 27.4 points per game.

 

 

Edited by UNTMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pry him away from Wazzu and not only does Littrell burn his bridge with Leach permanently, but probably also puts Leach on the market.  If his Athletic Department cannot outbid "little 'ol North Texas", he's outta there ASAP.

Perhaps Seth has already spoken to Leach🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

Just FYI, while this does not tell the full story of the season, i think it's really cool to look at Mason Fine's splits as it relates to 1st half v 2nd half and how he progressed by month...

 

I've spent wayyy too much time looking at this so far this morning.

 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/4039073/mason-fine

Crazy how down  Fine's attempts are in the 2nd half from the first

1 minute ago, UNTMG said:

Dave Nichol was the OC for East Carolina in 2015 prior to joining Leach at WSU.

That 2015 East Carolina team went 5-7 (3-5 in conference - AAC).

The team had 3,370 passing yards and 21 touchdowns and 1,618 rushing yards with 19 touchdowns.

The team also average 27.4 points per page.

 

 

They read a lot of books during the game?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@TheReal_jayD It's been a couple of days now, but I haven't heard anything about Filani going to SoCal with Harrell.    Are we still thinking that's going to happen?   Or is Filani staying?

My 5 yr old is in the same class as his son. I will get her to grill him for information. 

Maybe drop a line "Geeze, LA sure does suck and so do the trojans" see if that will get a rise out of him.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@TheReal_jayD It's been a couple of days now, but I haven't heard anything about Filani going to SoCal with Harrell.    Are we still thinking that's going to happen?   Or is Filani staying?

If they have a need for wr coach I would think Graham will pitch filani. If Joel gets offered the same type of raise Graham got.. he gone! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Crazy how down  Fine's attempts are in the 2nd half from the first

They read a lot of books during the game?

ECU students can read??

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

Crazy how down  Fine's attempts are in the 2nd half from the first

Early in the season we had big leads and didn’t have to rely on Fine to pass (plus the rain at Liberty). Later in the year we had too many short drives and didn’t let him get a rhythm going. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Nichols WSU page says he's Dallas native . Maybe returning home is an extra incentive?

Yeah, but he went to Jesuit which means he's one of "those" guys.

No I don't know what I mean, either.

1805a772f8ab922cc8a584ad889be2c2.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

QUICK, SOMEONE FIND KASON AND TELL HIM!

image.png.60e2164583eac0cb3292ed192f44bebf.png

Done:

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

We need more than just an assistant.

 

Rick

We need JC to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We need JC to return.

If you haven’t been to a basketball game lately(cause I know it’s a long haul for you)...you have no idea how badly we do.

 

Rick

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard.  Hoping to attend next Thursday and Saturday, if my travel plans hold.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure if it’s already been mentioned but if Riley is coming on board as RB coach like was mentioned previously, then Nichol almost makes too much sense. Looks like he coached under Littrell as WRs coach at Arizona for 3 years and coached with Garrett Riley for 3 years at East Carolina. Would make a lot of sense relationally and schematically.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.