NEW OC Speculation MegaThread

UNTLifer

19 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I guess SL has found anyone he has felt would be a good fit for the position.  We all know this maybe SL last year here and finding an OC that could slide into the HC would be a great find.

I’m not sure Seth is concerned with having his replacement in Denton before he splits. I think Seth is more concerned with Jimmy Sexton,

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Why are some assuming next year is Seth's last in Denton?  Is it all based on Fine graduating?  I think next year could very well be a step back due to all the attrition on defense and a tougher OOC schedule (smu 2019 > smu 2018 & Cal >> Ark).

Because if he can win 8+games during the year and finally get over the bowl game hump to get back to 9 wins again, he'll be a hot name again for open jobs.   He was EXTREMELY CLOSE to leaving after last season.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Because if he can win 8+games during the year and finally get over the bowl game hump to get back to 9 wins again, he'll be a hot name again for open jobs.   He was EXTREMELY CLOSE to leaving after last season.

I know and understand that.  Some are acting like it is a certainty that he leaves after next year, though.  Maybe Sexton will be looking to cash-in and he'll be more aggressively selling him...but that's not the same as saying he's definitely gone.

I think that if he didn't leave for Kansas St this year, what kind of job would he take?  Lots of people on our board were downplaying that job during the heat of the moment, but that's a pretty dang good job.

7 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I know and understand that.  Some are acting like it is a certainty that he leaves after next year, though.  Maybe Sexton will be looking to cash-in and he'll be more aggressively selling him...but that's not the same as saying he's definitely gone.

I think that if he didn't leave for Kansas St this year, what kind of job would he take?  Lots of people on our board were downplaying that job during the heat of the moment, but that's a pretty dang good job.

Next year will bring a new list of open jobs.  I don't know which ones will appeal to him like KSSt did... but I'm sure one or two will.

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

Remember, he didn't turn down the K-State job purely because of his love for Denton and UNT. He turned it down when K-State would not allow him to bring his entire staff/pay his staff what he thought they deserved/demanded he keep Snyder Jr. on his staff. I think he has already solidified his position as a hot young coaching name in coaching circles for open P5 gigs. As long as they don't have a losing season, some school will give him the freedoms that K-State wouldn't. 

Plus, you never want to be the guy replacing the legend. Wanna be the guy replacing the guy who replaced the legend.

• Upvote 2