NEW OC Speculation MegaThread

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, MEEN2018 said:

Im not sure if it’s already been mentioned but if Riley is coming on board as RB coach like was mentioned previously, then Nichol almost makes too much sense. Looks like he coached under Littrell as WRs coach at Arizona for 3 years and coached with Garrett Riley for 3 years at East Carolina. Would make a lot of sense relationally and schematically.

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c53e29d7343334b557

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MEEN2018 said:

Im not sure if it’s already been mentioned but if Riley is coming on board as RB coach like was mentioned previously, then Nichol almost makes too much sense. Looks like he coached under Littrell as WRs coach at Arizona for 3 years and coached with Garrett Riley for 3 years at East Carolina. Would make a lot of sense relationally and schematically.

Riley is not the RB coach

• Upvote 2

Could Littrell look at Scott Linehan to be our next OC?

Linehan has a ton of coaching experience, and recently parted ways with the Dallas Cowboys after serving as their OC. He wouldn't need to move his family, and his son is on our team. Thoughts?

• Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Could Littrell look at Scott Linehan to be our next OC?

Linehan has a ton of coaching experience, and recently parted ways with the Dallas Cowboys after serving as their OC. He wouldn't need to move his family, and his son is on our team. Thoughts?

Have you watched a Cowboys game as of late? We run way different offenses. 

• Haha 1

Wow the cowboys are the most boring team in the league. I wouldn’t wish that disaster on anyone especially my beloved Mean Green.  Linehan Garrett are the reason my sundays are now reserved for EPL instead of the nfl.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

So, it's Sunday, February 3, 2019. The announcement on Friday didn't happen (or if it did, I missed it). When will they be announcing the new hires and will it include all 3 positions (including the new OC hire) or just the other 2 positions filled?  Thanks for all the updates/info on potential candidates on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

So, it's Sunday, February 3, 2019. The announcement on Friday didn't happen (or if it did, I missed it). When will they be announcing the new hires and will it include all 3 positions (including the new OC hire) or just the other 2 positions filled?  Thanks for all the updates/info on potential candidates on the subject! 

I've given up and will just be happy when they get around to announcing the hires.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I wonder, just speculating, if the search for assistants could be going slower due to coaches having to consider only being in Denton for a year ......

I think the pause is due to signing day. Want to let that get out of the way as we could be taking a coach that recruited someone to there current school. My guess is shortly after that day.