NEW OC Speculation MegaThread

UNTLifer

37 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Just FYI, while this does not tell the full story of the season, i think it's really cool to look at Mason Fine's splits as it relates to 1st half v 2nd half and how he progressed by month...

I've spent wayyy too much time looking at this so far this morning.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/4039073/mason-fine

Am I reading that right?  1 4th quarter TD?!  That is a very scary and telling statistic in and of itself.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pry him away from Wazzu and not only does Littrell burn his bridge with Leach permanently, but probably also puts Leach on the market.  If his Athletic Department cannot outbid "little 'ol North Texas", he's outta there ASAP.

You'd have to think that Mike Leach, a professional who has been in the college football game a long time, would understand. This is just how things go.

If this guy wants to move up in the world, he's going to do more than be Wazzu's WR coach. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

You'd have to think that Mike Leach, a professional who has been in the college football game a long time, would understand. This is just how things go.

If this guy wants to move up in the world, he's going to do more than be Wazzu's WR coach. 

Yep.  If we are hiring him, I'm certain Seth would have asked Mike Leach for permission and Mike doesn't seem the time to stand in the way of his assistants moving on.  

• Upvote 1

Dave Nichol was the OC for East Carolina in 2015 prior to joining Leach at WSU.

That 2015 East Carolina team went 5-7 (3-5 in conference - AAC).

The team had 3,370 passing yards and 21 touchdowns and 1,618 rushing yards with 19 touchdowns.

The team also average 27.4 points per game.

Edited by UNTMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pry him away from Wazzu and not only does Littrell burn his bridge with Leach permanently, but probably also puts Leach on the market.  If his Athletic Department cannot outbid "little 'ol North Texas", he's outta there ASAP.

Perhaps Seth has already spoken to Leach🤔

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

Just FYI, while this does not tell the full story of the season, i think it's really cool to look at Mason Fine's splits as it relates to 1st half v 2nd half and how he progressed by month...

I've spent wayyy too much time looking at this so far this morning.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/4039073/mason-fine

Crazy how down  Fine's attempts are in the 2nd half from the first

1 minute ago, UNTMG said:

Dave Nichol was the OC for East Carolina in 2015 prior to joining Leach at WSU.

That 2015 East Carolina team went 5-7 (3-5 in conference - AAC).

The team had 3,370 passing yards and 21 touchdowns and 1,618 rushing yards with 19 touchdowns.

The team also average 27.4 points per page.

They read a lot of books during the game?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@TheReal_jayD It's been a couple of days now, but I haven't heard anything about Filani going to SoCal with Harrell.    Are we still thinking that's going to happen?   Or is Filani staying?

My 5 yr old is in the same class as his son. I will get her to grill him for information. 

Maybe drop a line "Geeze, LA sure does suck and so do the trojans" see if that will get a rise out of him.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@TheReal_jayD It's been a couple of days now, but I haven't heard anything about Filani going to SoCal with Harrell.    Are we still thinking that's going to happen?   Or is Filani staying?

If they have a need for wr coach I would think Graham will pitch filani. If Joel gets offered the same type of raise Graham got.. he gone! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

Crazy how down  Fine's attempts are in the 2nd half from the first

Early in the season we had big leads and didn’t have to rely on Fine to pass (plus the rain at Liberty). Later in the year we had too many short drives and didn’t let him get a rhythm going. 

• Upvote 2

Im not sure if it’s already been mentioned but if Riley is coming on board as RB coach like was mentioned previously, then Nichol almost makes too much sense. Looks like he coached under Littrell as WRs coach at Arizona for 3 years and coached with Garrett Riley for 3 years at East Carolina. Would make a lot of sense relationally and schematically.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1