NEW OC Speculation MegaThread

UNTLifer

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I must have missed the D-back leaving.  Not surprised he did a pretty good job with the first string cb but the guys behind him not so much.  Where did he end up going?  

DRC tweeted earlier in January about Coach Brown not returning stating FootballScoop posted about it earlier that day: https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt-cornerbacks-coach-nate-brown-will-not-return-next-season/article_4b8d17c0-8d4c-5773-b5b6-f0bab4545c71.html

Not sure where Brown will end up, but his fiance also currently teaches at an elementary school in Denton.  Recently on another thread, someone mentioned these 2 positions (RBs/CBs) have already been filled, just waiting to announce for whatever reason.

• Upvote 3

Darrell Wyatt - UCF - $205,000

• Wide Receivers Coach - UCF 
  • Former OC - Texas
  • Former OC - Southern MIss

John Simon - Memphis - $325,000

• Recruiting Coordinator / Passing Game Coordinator / Assistant Coach / Wide Receivers - Memphis
  • Former Associate Head Coach - Arizona State
  • Former Wide Receivers Coach - Louisiana-Layfayette 

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Felozano said:

That's a good idea.  Promote Mainord to OC, then Filani to Pass Game Coordinator?  Find a new WR coach?

Or keep Filani as the WR coach while adding the responsibilities of the pass game coordinator and then hire a QB coach.

• Upvote 4

Matthew+McConaughey+Sporty+Shades+Wrap+A

Doug Meacham (born December 16, 1964) is an American football coach. He was the offensive coordinator at the University of Kansas.

Meacham was hired by TCU to be their offensive coordinator on December 12, 2013.[2] In his first year at TCU in 2014 he was a finalist for the Broyles Award.[3]

Meacham played college football at Oklahoma State University, where he was an offensive lineman.[4]

Meacham was hired by David Beaty of the Kansas Jayhawks as the offensive coordinator in January 12, 2017. Meacham was fired on October 10, 2018.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I'm wondering if there's a few more guys we could steal from WSU...

Something like a Mason Miller (OC) and Drew Hollingshead (QB Coach) combo.

Miller is an OL coach, played FB, has been an assistant HC and OC and various position coaches (under Mumme and Norvell, I think, before Leach), but has also been a HC (Tarlton and/or McMurry).

Hollingshead is the guy who's taken over the QB drills and booth duties that Harrell had before him at WSU.

I think Miller makes around $300k. Don't know about Hollingshead. 

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

They are very good friends. I imagine USC WR coach pays more than UNT. I would try to attach if it meant doubling pay.

What about moving Filani to OC?  This is purely a question and not a suggestion.  Anyone have any insight in to his coaching ability and future positions?  I mean, he would be like Graham was a couple of years ago, but with experience in our program and the ability to tutor under SL.  If I am crazy, say so.  Have no idea his coaching reputation and if this is just crazy talk.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

What about moving Filani to OC?  This is purely a question and not a suggestion.  Anyone have any insight in to his coaching ability and future positions?  I mean, he would be like Graham was a couple of years ago, but with experience in our program and the ability to tutor under SL.  If I am crazy, say so.  Have no idea his coaching reputation and if this is just crazy talk.

I think if you are going to promote from within Mainord is the hire. Filani is a good wr coach. He is a decent recruiter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1