• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Harrell finalizing deal to take over as USC offensive coordinator late Monday night

I concur with chrisfisher.  This seems early for Harrell.  But with that said I think Arizona Cardinal's move that made this opportunity available was the bigger reach.  I think we are going to quickly get more data judge Harrell's impact on the QB Developement in Denton.

I thought it was a coupe when Littrell got Harrell and Filani to leave Washington State and come to Denton, so I will trust that he will find a great replacement.  I thank Graham for his time here and really wish him nothing but the best at USC and what appears to be a mess of a situation to step in to.

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I thought it was a coupe when Littrell got Harrell and Filani to leave Washington State and come to Denton, so I will trust that he will find a great replacement.  I thank Graham for his time here and really wish him nothing but the best at USC and what appears to be a mess of a situation to step in to.

I think the reason he was able to get them was because they had almost no experience. GH was hired as OC two years experience and one year removed from not even being an on-field coach. I seem to remember Filani had one year only plus two GA years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I think the reason he was able to get them was because they had almost no experience. GH was hired as OC two years experience and one year removed from not even being an on-field coach. I seem to remember Filani had one year only plus two GA years. 

Oh, I agree, but it was a smart move on SL's part.  He knew Harrell's name carried some weight with the Texas High School coaches and players.  As a recent OC, Littrell could work with Graham and bring him along.  Filani was the perfect addition to teach the concepts to the WR's while Harrell's focus was on the QB's.

If we have to lose a coach, being able to point to someone coming into North Texas and then getting hired as OC at USC certainly helps make our jobs more attractive. We certainly are losing the "career killer" reputation. I trust Littrell to find a quality replacement just as I trust Baker will find a quality replacement for Littrell some day.