UTSA DL coach to FL

southsideguy

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What radio program are you getting this information from?

The only radio program I listen to is Prairie Home Companion. 

I enjoy it because I get to appreciate all the smug condescension, without running the risk of seeing Garrison Keillor's penis like a live audience would. 

Otherwise, I only use the Victrola to hear horse races and updates from the front from President Coolidge. 

18 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

The only radio program I listen to is Prairie Home Companion. 

I enjoy it because I get to appreciate all the smug condescension, without running the risk of seeing Garrison Keillor's penis like a live audience would. 

Otherwise, I only use the Victrola to hear horse races and updates from the front from President Coolidge. 

Oh my.
You're from the past... where home prices were much much lower.  According to financial radio program, you could live comfortably in a prairie home in the past on $8,000 per year.  
UTSA DL coach is in for a shock I think when he moves to Gainesville, which is closer to New York than Denton.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

57 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh my.
You're from the past... where home prices were much much lower.  According to financial radio program, you could live comfortably in a prairie home in the past on $8,000 per year.  
UTSA DL coach is in for a shock I think when he moves to Gainesville, which is closer to New York than Denton.

Ran some numbers to try to help out. The median home cost in Gainesville, FL is $173K, while the median home cost in Gainesville, TX is $86,100. Gainesville, FL is 1000 miles from NYC while Gainesville TX is 1558. Based on my interpretation of the radio dial man, the prudent financial play is a fixer upper in Gainesville, TX with a longer trip to NYC for end of year coaching meetings, but enough money left in his pocket to fly and commute as needed (and maybe crash with a friend.) If he puts all his money in envelopes, he can stick to a firm budget and, after his debt snowball is complete, finally invest in index funds and play the long game. Best of all three worlds IMHO. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

It will cost to less to live in Gainesville, FL has a lower cost of living than Texas.  No income taxes and  a lot lower property taxes.  The tourist pay a lot of the taxes for the state it is the way in Nevada.  San Antonio, TX is ranked 97th in the cost  of living index and Gainesville, FL is 96th since you asked.   Distance from New York to Gainesville, FL 1005 vs from San Antonio 1049.  I sure he will get a big raise and with the cost of living being lower in Gainesville he will come out way a head.

I know you guys are having fun with this.   Let's say you making 100k in Dallas and get an offer 150,000 would you take it?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Ran some numbers to try to help out. The median home cost in Gainesville, FL is $173K, while the median home cost in Gainesville, TX is $86,100. Gainesville, FL is 1000 miles from NYC while Gainesville TX is 1558. Based on my interpretation of the radio dial man, the prudent financial play is a fixer upper in Gainesville, TX with a longer trip to NYC for end of year coaching meetings, but enough money left in his pocket to fly and commute as needed (and maybe crash with a friend.) If he puts all his money in envelopes, he can stick to a firm budget and, after his debt snowball is complete, finally invest in index funds and play the long game. Best of all three worlds IMHO. 

You've been listening the hell out of financial radio program!  
At least if he owns a home in Gainesville,TX.,  the Florida fans won't be angry with him if he leaves next year.   
I mean, if he were to live in an RV in Gainesville, FL. for a year (also fiscally responsible),  that would tell all the fans his heart isn't truly there & they made a mistake in hiring UTSA DL coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Now all the facts don't come from the radio, I like to study the economy of the US and come across the information.  It helps me make decisions with my investments.  Yeah the RV thing told you that coach was not staying at UNT.  I doubt he will go anywhere now unless he is fired or wants to become a head coach.  If he gets fired the fans will be happy and help him pack.  Surprised Wilson has not gone back to the SEC yet.  If he doesn't win this year I think he will be gone at UTSA.

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You've been listening the hell out of financial radio program!  
At least if he owns a home in Gainesville,TX.,  the Florida fans won't be angry with him if he leaves next year.   
I mean, if he were to live in an RV in Gainesville, FL. for a year (also fiscally responsible),  that would tell all the fans his heart isn't truly there & they made a mistake in hiring UTSA DL coach.

I like this - but still a lot of sunk cost for him. What if he lives WITH RV in an RV in Gainesville, FL (extra fiscally responsible), they can then manage the RnR Sushi location in Pensacola while exploring a new franchise close to the UF campus? That puts him 338 miles away, but the midpoint here is actually Tallahassee, an ideal spot for an additional RnR location. This route will also be key to recruiting as Steve Spurrier often said whoever controls 10W controls football in the southeast. The franchise outlay is high, but the buyout and boost in salary combined with living below his current means makes this an easy win fast. 

20 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I know you guys are having fun with this.   Let's say you making 100k in Dallas and get an offer 150,000 would you take it?

Yes. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I like this - but still a lot of sunk cost for him. What if he lives WITH RV in an RV in Gainesville, FL (extra fiscally responsible), they can then manage the RnR Sushi location in Pensacola while exploring a new franchise close to the UF campus? That puts him 338 miles away, but the midpoint here is actually Tallahassee, an ideal spot for an additional RnR location. This route will also be key to recruiting as Steve Spurrier often said whoever controls 10W controls football in the southeast. The franchise outlay is high, but the buyout and boost in salary combined with living below his current means makes this an easy win fast. 

Yes. 

RV would have a lot of explaining to Mrs. V to do, but if both parties are financially savvy, they would leave their families and cling to each other in their 2015 RV (always buy used).   UTSA DL coach could possibly make $150,000 coaching in Gainesville, but if the new Tallahassee RnR Sushi turns a profit of $150,000, it will double his net return.

If I've learned anything from financial radio program, it's that in order to have financial peace, you must follow the ABFSRs of business:  Always Be Franchising Sushi Restaurants.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

RV would have a lot of explaining to Mrs. V to do, but if both parties are financially savvy, they would leave their families and cling to each other in their 2015 RV (always buy used).   UTSA DL coach could possibly make $150,000 coaching in Gainesville, but if the new Tallahassee RnR Sushi turns a profit of $150,000, it will double his net return.

If I've learned anything from financial radio program, it's that in order to have financial peace, you must follow the ABFSRs of business:  Always Be Franchising Sushi Restaurants.

I don't want to rock any boats, but the last Florida DL coach made $575,000. UTSA DL Coach can live that $100K lifestyle (or less) and be sitting pretty in just a few years. It's like radio program says "Live like no UTSA DL Coach now so you can live like no UTSA DL Coach later!"

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I don't want to rock any boats, but the last Florida DL coach made $575,000. UTSA DL Coach can live that $100K lifestyle (or less) and be sitting pretty in just a few years. It's like radio program says "Live like no UTSA DL Coach now so you can live like no UTSA DL Coach later!"

See, this is the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that you can only get from financial radio program. 
Of course a houseboat in St. Augustine would allow for the home of UTSA DL Coach's dreams, while also allowing travel to NYC and Miami for recruiting trips without having to hotel or pay for a RV parking spot.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

See, this is the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that you can only get from financial radio program. 
Of course a houseboat in St. Augustine would allow for the home of UTSA DL Coach's dreams, while also allowing travel to NYC and Miami for recruiting trips without having to hotel or pay for a RV parking spot.

It's 73 miles from Jacksonville, which is also below the average cost of living in the US. I have not priced house boats as my numbers guy has been working on franchise fees for a few options, but I think if WKU fans taught us anything when the Sun Belt tournament was in Hot Springs, its that house boats can be a savvy short-term move. I think UTSA DL Coach needs to make an honest 1, 3 and 5 year plan and asses his options to keep expenses down, debts at 0 and ensure as much of that money works for him as possible. Off season boat charters? Hurricane rescue? The first Rock n Float Sushi location in the US?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Quoner said:

Yes. 

Ekeler has always been ahead of his time.

• Upvote 2