Khairi Muhammad's in the Doghouse

Green Crazy

It is not a question what is suffering. The issue is lack of empathy and even glee in another's suffering.  Someone like that should not be associated with the university at all. I'm all for a defender putting big hits on another competitor on the field. This sadness, on the other hand, is not the sort of Mean we need for the Green. Adios.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

22 hours ago, MeanGreenVet said:

If you think he should or will be kicked off the team you guys are idiots. He is a kid from inner city Dallas and went home with a teammate for the weekend who is a country kid that hunts,fish, and ride horses. The teammate and his family were training their hunting dogs while khairi was there and him being a city kid who never saw nothing like that he thought it was amusing and recorded it and put it on his social media. FYI the family actually eat raccoons.  People do that with hogs as well and never seen it considered as animal cruelty.Y’all need to grow a pair it’s Definitely not that serious. 

I never said he should be kicked off the team. I said it is not my decision to make. What I did say is because of all the negative press, that they will most likely dismiss him. Will that happen? I don't know. I just see the university as trying to save face here. Inner city or not, the university and animal lovers are not going to care about that. People who don't give a damn about raccoons will say what is the big fuss? However, if they dismiss him, those same people will say they should not have dismissed him, but they will not go out and harass  sponsors, they won't picket, and they want keep calling the university because he was dismissed. They will say crap happens and move on. On the other hand, the animal lovers who think he is evil for filming this, they will never stop. They will call, protest, and be an all around nuisance. Most of those types don't care for sports and will use this as an excuse to protest sports. They will stay on every news station they can and will not let this die. That's why I think the university will dismiss him. I never said they should.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

It is not a question what is suffering. The issue is lack of empathy and even glee in another's suffering.  Someone like that should not be associated with the university at all. I'm all for a defender putting big hits on another competitor on the field. This sadness, on the other hand, is not the sort of Mean we need for the Green. Adios.

Would it have been better if he grimaced with a critical visage while watching the raccoon get killed by the dogs?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, Venson said:

I never said he should be kicked off the team. I said it is not my decision to make. What I did say is because of all the negative press, that they will most likely dismiss him. Will that happen? I don't know. I just see the university as trying to save face here. Inner city or not, the university and animal lovers are not going to care about that. People who don't give a damn about raccoons will say what is the big fuss? However, if they dismiss him, those same people will say they should not have dismissed him, but they will not go out and harass  sponsors, they won't picket, and they want keep calling the university because he was dismissed. They will say crap happens and move on. On the other hand, the animal lovers who think he is evil for filming this, they will never stop. They will call, protest, and be an all around nuisance. Most of those types don't care for sports and will use this as an excuse to protest sports. They will stay on every news station they can and will not let this die. That's why I think the university will dismiss him. I never said they should.

Sad, but true.

The irony in the bolded part that these individuals would be being a nuisance while defending a nuisance animal🤣

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, NT93 said:

Sad, but true.

The irony in the bolded part that these individuals would be being a nuisance while defending a nuisance animal🤣

No matter what you think about wildlife, including raccoons, no animal deserves to be treated the way this animal was treated.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, GTWT said:

No matter what you think about wildlife, including raccoons, no animal deserves to be treated the way this animal was treated.

Yeah, because most raccoons die a nice peaceful death.

Look, I wouldn't do what they did, but it's not like they were beating the raccoon with a baseball bat or something.  Something along those lines is what I'd consider animal cruelty.  They basically manipulated nature.  I know my very domesticated, non-hunting, lap dogs will chase after a rabbit, squirrel, etc. if I let them outside and they see one.  I get that they had the raccoon caged and let it out with the dogs ready to pounce, but the dogs pounced because it's the natural thing for them to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

Look, I wouldn't do what they did, but it's not like they were beating the raccoon with a baseball bat or something. b  Something along those lines is what I'd consider animal cruelty.  They basically manipulated nature.  I know my very domesticated, non-hunting, lap dogs will chase after a rabbit, squirrel, etc. if I let them outside and they see one.  I get that they had the raccoon caged and let it out with the dogs ready to pounce, but the dogs pounced because it's the natural thing for them to do.

Does the "or something" include the sticks they beat the raccoon to death with? Or did the sticks have to be literal baseball bats?

1) The University needed to act quicker, so this wouldn't become the story that it is. Even hinting at SOME kind of punishment would have been a better reaction than their own dismissive statement.

2) That's not how you train dogs to hunt raccoons, just to keep that dumb excuse from coming up again

3) So, manipulating nature... like dog-fighting and cock-fighting and, well, any other two animals that you can put in an area?

4) The worst part isn't even any of that. It's that these dudes, including Muhammad, got their jollies from it. It was apparently awesome enough to not just TAKE a video of, but to then decide to SHARE that video on social media.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Monkeypox said:

Does the "or something" include the sticks they beat the raccoon to death with? Or did the sticks have to be literal baseball bats?

1) The University needed to act quicker, so this wouldn't become the story that it is. Even hinting at SOME kind of punishment would have been a better reaction than their own dismissive statement.

2) That's not how you train dogs to hunt raccoons, just to keep that dumb excuse from coming up again

3) So, manipulating nature... like dog-fighting and cock-fighting and, well, any other two animals that you can put in an area?

4) The worst part isn't even any of that. It's that these dudes, including Muhammad, got their jollies from it. It was apparently awesome enough to not just TAKE a video of, but to then decide to SHARE that video on social media.

1)  Not sure if I agree or disagree, but I will say that I'm glad they didn't convict and punish him just to please a particular group.

2)  Not a hunter myself, but I would assume that is not how you train a dog to hunt.

3)  Dog vs dog and rooster vs rooster is not natural.  Sure, dogs fight other dogs and they can be protective of their territory, but one dog would not be considered the prey of another dog.

4).  I completely agree.