Khairi Muhammad's in the Doghouse

Green Crazy

It's a GD raccoon.  Who ******* cares?  ******* soft *** ***********.

Seriously though, it's a raccoon.  Who cares?  They are vermin.

EDIT:

another thought, what is "animal on animal abuse"?  Because that just sounds like mother nature to me.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 11
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 11

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

What a moron. Apology is weak and generic too. Kids these days just don't seem to get the lessons learned from their predecessors and posting moronic posts like this on SM for everyone to see.

We will see what SL decides to do, if anything at all. 

If people in your generation had twitter we would all be basking in nuclear fire.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 11

28 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Bro. I'm in my thirties. And this vermin wasn't humanely put down but instead ripped to shreds. If you're cool with torturing animals then you might need to check yourself out at a local psychiatrist

I'm not, but we're talking about dogs. They rip animals apart on their own accord, whether people are around or not.  Was it a stupid thing to post on social media?  Yes. But this isn't some Michael Vick dog fighting ring.  This is two dogs doing what is in their nature, albeit with an audience of people.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Mother nature is when your dog drags a deer leg out of the woods to your back door, or even a whole raccoon up into your yard. Mother nature is not getting a pair or trio of dogs riled with a caged animal. Then letting said animal out of cage so you can video a feeding frenzy to get your weird rocks off. It's pretty twisted shit to be honest. The only person or people that would watch this video without at least a trace of 'WTF' going through their minds are either 1) a sociopath 2) a backwoods river rat redneck 3) mixture of both. 

I just saw the video actually.  For some reason I didn't see the embedded video last night and it was off of his twitter account by that point.  I didn't realize they had caged it and then released it to the dogs, I was picturing the dogs catching it on their own in my head.  It is messed up but again, this isn't Michael Vick dog fighting ring messed up.  I am also pretty biased because I hate raccoons.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I just saw the video actually.  For some reason I didn't see the embedded video last night and it was off of his twitter account by that point.  I didn't realize they had caged it and then released it to the dogs, I was picturing the dogs catching it on their own in my head.  It is messed up but again, this isn't Michael Vick dog fighting ring messed up.  I am also pretty biased because I hate raccoons.

I'm with you...to hell with raccoons. But the video is just f'ed up in a lot of psychological ways. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Bro. I'm in my thirties. And this vermin wasn't humanely put down but instead ripped to shreds. If you're cool with torturing animals then you might need to check yourself out at a local psychiatrist

First off, I dont condone what took place what so ever but he wasn't the one who let the raccoon out of the cage and he was one of like 12 people there and of course this Doesn't take any of the blame off him at all. But some people wanting him to be kicked off the team because he posted a dumbass video to the internet? Come on man.

(I dont mean this to sound argumentative) The main reason for me quoting you is, what is the "human" way of putting down a raccoon? Taking him to the vet and have it euthanized or putting a pistol round to the back of the head?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

(I dont mean this to sound argumentative) The main reason for me quoting you is, what is the "human" way of putting down a raccoon? Taking him to the vet and have it euthanized or putting a pistol round to the back of the head?

I'm personally fine with either one for putting down a raccoon, but I come from a family of ranchers (though I was raised in the city). Once you have the thing in a cage, though, it's  inhumane to release it and have dogs attack it. 

Hell, I'd mostly be concerned for my dogs. Raccoons are tough, and often diseased these days. Even knowing my dogs would kill it, I wouldn't want to risk injury to the dogs for no good reason.

It's one thing if the dogs were out at night and came upon a raccoon and attacked it (though even then my goal would be to get the dogs away from it so I could deal with it). This is both cruel and stupid.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Monkeypox said:

I'm personally fine with either one for putting down a raccoon, but I come from a family of ranchers (though I was raised in the city). Once you have the thing in a cage, though, it's  inhumane to release it and have dogs attack it. 

Hell, I'd mostly be concerned for my dogs. Raccoons are tough, and often diseased these days. Even knowing my dogs would kill it, I wouldn't want to risk injury to the dogs for no good reason.

It's one thing if the dogs were out at night and came upon a raccoon and attacked it (though even then my goal would be to get the dogs away from it so I could deal with it). This is both cruel and stupid.

I agree 100% with you. As a hunter myself, its one thing to shoot it in the wild or have the dogs tree it or something like that but completely different to have three dogs surround the thing in a cage and have their way with it.

Raccoon are notorious for causing mischief and getting into trouble so no one knows the back story to why they thought it was ok to do this. 

At first, I thought that Raccoon was gonna get the best of the two dogs because those creatures are underrated fighters in my opinion and they fight with prison rules. I was also thinking that those dogs could be effective long term by bites or scratches received from the raccoon but only time will tell on that matter.

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

First off, I dont condone what took place what so ever but he wasn't the one who let the raccoon out of the cage and he was one of like 12 people there and of course this Doesn't take any of the blame off him at all. But some people wanting him to be kicked off the team because he posted a dumbass video to the internet? Come on man.

redirect your frustrations at someone who said he should be kicked off the team. And it sounds like you already answered your own question on what I humane kill is. 

do we know for certain that the dogs didn't fear for their lives after encountering a masked rodent?

I think all of these knee-jerk, anti-dog reactions are coming from people who have never lived in the high-stress, high consequences world our dogs live in.

And of course no one talks about the hundreds of thousands of good dogs out there that interact and protect rodents on a day-to-day basis. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_S4ggv93A

where's the MSMs coverage of this, huh?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

Everyone has an opinion, but "I f'in cant stand Racoons" isnt a good reason...Seriously?  Dont use the argument that because it's a Racoon, it somehow had this comin...

No, I'm not stating this because I love animals.  I mean, if some racoon like kicked your ass back in the 5th grade or ate your grandmother, and finally, you feel vindicated, well, I'm happy for you....But my experience with Racoons is that I see them now and again, and they've gotten into my garbage cans.   So have numerous dogs and cats in my neighborhood.   Kinda pissed me off, but I dont think the dogs, cat, or racoons and the like, deserves to mauled to death after being held captive...

And more importantly, the issue isnt about the racoon, people...It's about the player's decision to do this...His decision to film this...And his decision to upload this....You hate racoons?  Fine...But the question is, was this a good decision to do, for the team?   I'm guessing not or we wouldnt be having this discussion or reading the DRC about it.  it's distracting, and shows that someone doesnt think about others before acting....

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2