DRC: Harrell to USC appears likely, but UNT sources say he had not accepted job as of Sunday afternoon

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I love the way we keep talking about Mason in terms like "lightly regarded" and pretending that Harrell took this raw clay and made a masterpiece.  The kid was the two-time Oklahoma player of the year and between his junior and senior high school seasons passed for 9,233 yards and had a touchdown to interception ratio of 124:13.  

Other than height, this kid was not some scrub unworthy of a chance.  

Vito's comment wasn't "lightly regarded", rather it was "lightly recruited".

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Graham better get a big pay raise because he will be paying a lot more in taxes and his housing costs will not be pretty.   I was listening to a financial radio program last week and it cost about 126,000 to live comfortably in San Francisco.  I know USC is in the LA area.  The cost to live in DFW comfortably is around 62,500.   I sure LA is closer to SF then DFW.  However, it is a great opportunity for him and a few years there and he will be a head coach somewhere if he wants it. 

Have you ever seen a map?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Graham better get a big pay raise because he will be paying a lot more in taxes and his housing costs will not be pretty.   I was listening to a financial radio program last week and it cost about 126,000 to live comfortably in San Francisco.  I know USC is in the LA area.  The cost to live in DFW comfortably is around 62,500.   I sure LA is closer to SF then DFW.  However, it is a great opportunity for him and a few years there and he will be a head coach somewhere if he wants it. 

I'm willing to bet that it is at least 10k more a year. 

/s

57 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I'm betting he gets close to 3x his current salary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I'm betting he gets close to 3x his current salary. 

Yeah, but what does the financial radio program say about that?

I know it takes 1x my current salary to live comfortably in DFW, & I sure LA is closer to the Specific Ocean than Denton.  However a surfer is no match for a Kraken.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, but what does the financial radio program say about that?

I know it takes 1x my current salary to live comfortably in DFW, & I sure LA is closer to the Specific Ocean than Denton.  However a surfer is no match for a Kraken.

Also, Alps.

That doesn't really mean anything, I just felt this was a uniquely okay place to put those two words together.  Opportunistic and all.