Confirmed Harrell to USC

TheReal_jayD

5 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Do any recruits decommit because he’s leaving? 

5 hours ago, p_phelps said:

all our recruits have already signed. They can't decommit.

Releases from NLIs due to head coaching changes are becoming pretty common now.  Not sure about coordinator changes. 

NCAA COULD SEE RECORD NUMBER OF NLI RELEASE REQUESTS WITH MAJOR COACHES LEAVING THEIR SCHOOLS

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

KG was USC’s head coach in waiting at $3m a year. This will not be the case for Graham! With the Texas connections and experience as a USC OC I could definitely see him as a candidate for the future HC job at UNT!  Is it important for us to hire an OC that has HC potential?

Wouldn't it be smart of us to be looking at OC's that may have HC potential?  We will more than likely be going through all the Seth Littrell poaching drama towards the end of the 2019 season again (granted if we are ranked on top/towards the top, like we should be) - I could see Mainord being HC (I think), who I like, however, if SL does leave, the chances of him taking at least some of the coaches with him are probably pretty high.  It would be ill-advised if we weren't already thinking ahead to the 2020 season.  But, like others have said back towards the end of the 2018 season, Wren and Associates are probably already thinking ahead this way as well, as they should be. 

4 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Wouldn't it be smart of us to be looking at OC's that may have HC potential?  We will more than likely be going through all the Seth Littrell poaching drama towards the end of the 2019 season again (granted if we are ranked on top/towards the top, like we should be) - I could see Mainord being HC (I think), who I like, however, if SL does leave, the chances of him taking at least some of the coaches with him are probably pretty high.  It would be ill-advised if we weren't already thinking ahead to the 2020 season.  But, like others have said back towards the end of the 2018 season, Wren and Associates are probably already thinking ahead this way as well, as they should be. 

Something to keep in mind if we do in fact hire Meacham as OC, was that he was a frontrunner(at least for RV) for the HC job when we hired Littrell.

Could be a potential succession plan there

• Upvote 1