Old Dominion (1/31/19)

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, UTSA was on fire the last minute.

ODU has a good team, but if NT plays like they did early against MTSU they can win.  Aggressive play and not just jacking up threes, won that game despite horrible outside shooting. 

Exactly. Early on this season we became reliant on throwing up the three, but when they're not falling, it should be attack the bucket time. Halfcourt inside game is definitely not our strength.

All the "experts" seem to favor Old Dom...my gut tells me we'll find a way to disarm them and deliver a beating.  As you can see, Old Dom will come into the game somewhat overconfident.

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c50e94764734434674

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Haha 3

Another prediction for the big game - at least they have a tighter game.  GMG

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/college-basketball/old-dominion-vs-north-texas-1-31-19-college-basketball-pick-odds-and-prediction

The North Texas Mean Green have been one of the hotter teams in college basketball most people haven't been paying attention to, but they're just 7-11 ATS this season. The Old Dominion Monarchs are winning games despite shooting a poor percentage from the field, and they're outscoring teams by an average of 12.3 points at home this season thanks to allowing just 37 percent shooting. ODU has won each of the last eight meetings against North Texas and has been pretty solid at covering the number at home. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'll lay the reasonable number with the Old Dominion Monarchs.

Pick:
Old Dominion -4.5

15 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

ODU has won each of the last eight meetings against North Texas and has been pretty solid at covering the number at home. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'll lay the reasonable number with the Old Dominion Monarchs.

Pick:
Old Dominion -4.5

I need to go back and see how many teams had 4+ game win streaks versus Benford.

scratch that. No I don’t. Just leave that crap alone.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Game preview for 24/7 - GMG

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-Old-Dominion-Monarchs-meet-in-Virginia-128496221/

It will be interesting to see how fast North Texas tries to play and how quickly they shoot open 3-pointers. If they can push the pace and get ODU out of the half court that could get the Monarch’s size out of normal rebounding positions and open up opportunities for Jahmiah Simmons, Zach Simmons and Michael Miller.

6pm CT
ESPN Game Page
MGS Preview
Stream KHYI 95.3 via TuneIn
WatchStadium.com
FB.com/WatchStadium

NORFOLK, Virginia — After a three-game home stand, the North Texas men's basketball team is on the road this week, starting on Thursday at Old Dominion, who is right on North Texas' tail at the top the Conference USA standings.

ODU (16-6, 6-3 C-USA), a big and physical team that is the best in the nation at defending inside the arc, its 41.0 two-point field goal percentage defense is the best nation, has never lost to North Texas (18-3, 6-2) in eight previous meetings.

Edited by greenminer