Men's Basketball Attendance

Shark84

On 1/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, drex said:

I thought there was hope for attendance, given attendance for the last couple of CBI games in Denton.  However, I was wrong.  It is the same old 'don't really care' Denton/North Texas.  These same people will be the ones raising hell when Seth and Grant and Jalie leave.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, drex said:

I thought there was hope for attendance, given attendance for the last couple of CBI games in Denton.  However, I was wrong.  It is the same old 'don't really care' Denton/North Texas.  These same people will be the ones raising hell when Seth and Grant and Jalie leave.

Graham is gone, who’s next?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2

I’m a senior here finishing up my last semester and I’ve been a religious follower of football and basketball since I stepped on campus. The one problem that I’ve heard from students is they say “We don’t play anyone good, so why would I go?” Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’ve heard first hand from students that I’ve asked to go to games. Also on a side note, just because teams post attendance saying 4,000 doesn’t mean that is the actual attendance. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

I’m a senior here finishing up my last semester and I’ve been a religious follower of football and basketball since I stepped on campus. The one problem that I’ve heard from students is they say “We don’t play anyone good, so why would I go?” Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I’ve heard first hand from students that I’ve asked to go to games. Also on a side note, just because teams post attendance saying 4,000 doesn’t mean that is the actual attendance. 

Speaking from my experience, that’s the first lazy excuse from people who just don’t want to go.  Those same people still don’t go when we have good opponents.  I wouldn’t read into it like it’s the actual reason.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Speaking from my experience, that’s the first lazy excuse from people who just don’t want to go.  Those same people still don’t go when we have good opponents.  I wouldn’t read into it like it’s the actual reason.

Yeah I agree with that, but if we could schedule some area opponents that would be great. Idk if Wren has tried to schedule TCU or SMU, but that would be amazing if we could land some series like that in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

oh it is a great idea, if you could get SMU and TCU to go along with it.   SMU and TCU feel they are above us and if they lost to us it would worst then terrible.   If they beat us it does nothing for them.  

Hadn't thought about that - those darn Mustangs and Frogs. I'm stumped - any ideas on how to make this worth their while or should we table it?

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Tell them to go because we are playing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Only thing is, I feel like it won’t be safe to go alone. We need to make sure and bring LaTech with us!

When this tournament blows the doors off the Super Pit, SMU, TCU and UTA are going to have to pay US for the door repair damage!

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Yeah I agree with that, but if we could schedule some area opponents that would be great. Idk if Wren has tried to schedule TCU or SMU, but that would be amazing if we could land some series like that in the future.

21 hours ago, Quoner said:

It would be really cool if we could get some kind of local DFW tournament with us, TCU, SMU and maybe even UTA and rotate who hosts it each year. What do you guys think?

The new Dickies Arena in FW would be a great venue for a DFW tournament.