Saints have been screwed

El Paso Eagle

So what about the face mask no call in the 4th quarter when Goff scrambled inside the 5 on 2nd down. It would have resulted in a 1st and goal from the 1, but the Rams had to settle for a field goal. That no call on the PI was crap, but those bad calls offset IMO. Everyone seems to be overlooking the facemask.

Image result for nfc championship goff facemask

Edited by CarmanSandiego
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CarmanSandiego said:

So what about the face mask no call in the 4th quarter when Goff scrambled inside the 5 on 2nd down. It would have resulted in a 1st and goal from the 1, but the Rams had to settle for a field goal. That no call on the PI was crap, but those bad calls offset IMO. Everyone seems to be overlooking the facemask.

Image result for nfc championship goff facemask

How about the Saints second or third to last drive that ended because the refs missed another bad pass interference by the Rams defense.  There was also the blow to the head on the interception in OT that wasn't called. Yeah, there are always missed calls on both sides.  However, this time there was one obviously bad call that, if made correctly, would have given the Saints a 99% chance of winning. It's not often that one can point to one bad call that cost a team the win. 

• Upvote 2

I just assumed that the NFL was trying to more closely emulate FIFA/World Cup soccer watching that Saints debacle. /s

I can't ever remember an NFL game that felt so rigged....but I've sure seen some international soccer games that were. 

The larger problem with the NFL is that is it so over officiated now with all of the super precise language in the rule-book that the games have an ever increasing probability of the officiating deciding the outcome of games.  There was a stretch of game during the middle of the 4th quarter of the AFC championship where they went to video review 3 different times for 5 minutes (real-world time delays) each, then the refs blew a roughing the passer call on Brady that gave the Pats a first down they otherwise wouldn't have had .  The typical league response to the missed PI in the Saints game will be to add replays on some penalties (missed or called).  I really hope not, though.  I'm just sick of watching refs and replays at this point.  

Yesterday was outright off-putting.  The league had a better product 20 years ago in regard to games being decided on the field and not by whistles.  Now get off my lawn.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

How so?  I don't recall any specific bad calls that dramatically would have changed the outcome.  I wasn't paying real close attention to it, though. 

4 of 5 50/50 challenges went the way of the Pats. And with the Chiefs ahead in the 4th on a I believe 3rd and 7 a roughing the passer was calld on the Chiefs. Biggest joke of the roughing the passer I have ever seen. Pats got the auto and took the ball down the field and scored a go ahead TD. The Chiefs were spinning it on O and would've went up 2 scores and probably would've won. 

• Upvote 2