UAB (1/24/19)

Also, we have won more than our share of close games, which is a credit to our players and coaches, but let's keep this is perspective: we still have not yet beaten a team with a winning record in conference play.  While we are likely headed for a good final record, we are probably also facing several losses that some will find surprising.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

We are not playing well and nobody is blowing us out. If we get through this lull, return to how we playing during the CBI and early this year we will be fine. 

We are in good position of the defensive end. Sometimes looks like we are still playing defense on offense.

• Confused 1

talking about an off night.  I still think Simmons is hurting.  He is not himself out there and he not going to the basket like he was early in the season.  We come Saturday like we have the last two games and we will lose.  We will have to win the tournment to get to the NCAA and think we will be one trick pony.

• Lovely Take 1

My god we can’t shoot the ball anymore.  Great play after great play drawn up by the coaches to get clean, open looks and we hit rim all night.  It’s all an opponent has to do now is sag and take away the lane.  

And while I’m blowing off steam after a 3 1/2 hour round trip let me add that in my 33 years I never thought we would miss Jennifer Cloutier so f¥#£ing much, but we do.

Good Night!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Greendylan said:

Also, we have won more than our share of close games, which is a credit to our players and coaches, but let's keep this is perspective: we still have not yet beaten a team with a winning record in conference play.  While we are likely headed for a good final record, we are probably also facing several losses that some will find surprising.

Sheesh, you're right. 

Our football and bball teams are eerily similar. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

DJ has to take the open shot.  I think was 2 from 3 last night but he had a couple of looks where he passed the ball away and caused a turnover on at least one of the passes.  

In football and now basketball we get a good crowd at the game and we seemed to lay an egg.

Edited by southsideguy