NFLPA COLLEGIATE BOWL reminder

peanuts104

For those interested, the game is at 4pm CT tomorrow on FS1.  Featured on the American team are three of our own standouts on defense:

E.J. Ejiya, LB

Nate Brooks, Corner

Kemon Hall, Corner

I don't know about y'all, but I'm excited to see three of our players represented.

Edit: interesting note, Brent Stockstill, MTSU former QB, is on the opposing team.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

EJ has made a few tackles, but did get dragged in the end zone on one play. Kemon had a pass break up. A lot of players have our stickers on their helmet.

So like, do most schools not allow their likeness allowed outside of regular games? I've seen a ton of SOWs and the Cal script on a lot of helmets in all manner of orientations.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I recorded the game and watched it after the basketball game. Brooks and Hall looked good. They seemed to lock down the receivers on the National team for the most part. The only time the National team was able to complete balls down the field on corners was when Brooks and Hall were out of the game. They completed some underneath stuff, but nothing major. When they did complete underneath stuff, they made sure tackles to keep them from gaining the first downs. Brooks got the INT. I think they both did a lot to help themselves. I know EJ is our best prospect to break the draft drought, but I don't think he helped himself yesterday. He just seemed to get lost in all the ash and trash. He wasn't able to shed blocks well. Maybe he did some things that I didn't see, but he didn't look like he did anything to help himself from my POV.

4 hours ago, Venson said:

I know EJ is our best prospect to break the draft drought, but I don't think he helped himself yesterday. He just seemed to get lost in all the ash and trash. He wasn't able to shed blocks well. Maybe he did some things that I didn't see, but he didn't look like he did anything to help himself from my POV.

I think part of the problem was scheme. He's been playing in 3-3-5 for the past three years and now they put him in 4-3.  It just looked like he didn't know where to go.

http://www.sportsoutwest.com/nflpa-collegiate-bowl-2019-winners-standouts-mvp-and-more-from-pasadena/

WHAT PLAYERS STOOD OUT?

Pagano mentioned his quarterbacks Kyle Shurmur, JaJuan Lawson and Jalan McClendon as players who did great jobs in the game. The former Colts head coach from 2011-17 went on to say defensive backs Nate Brooks and Brandon Watson looked like NFL players.

Rick

• Upvote 1