• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

CMJ

Rice (1/19/19)

NT 24 -------- Rice 19

3:54 to go

Still not scoring.  Thankfully Rice isn't really either.

These refs are pretty darn bad... Smart is getting pulled down from behind with both arms out and they call the foul on him.... Grant needs to start getting fired up about poor calls. 

Attendance? ESPN broadcast is brutal, sounds like announcers are talking with the microphone in their mouths crowd noise is not much, and the lighting is absolutely awful.  These refs only know three calls, carrying, pushing on offensive rebounds, and blocks.  Sheesh CUSA get it together 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Attendance? ESPN broadcast is brutal, sounds like announcers are talking with the microphone in their mouths crowd noise is not much, and the lighting is absolutely awful.  These refs only know three calls, carrying, pushing on offensive rebounds, and blocks.  Sheesh CUSA get it together 

It looks good here. Court is bright and crowd is loud. Maybe 4K? 

• Thanks 1

The worst officiating I’ve ever seen in a college basketball game. Phantom fouls being called all over the court. 

If they drive the only results according to these refs are points, a foul on us, or both

Hard to win like that

• Upvote 1

Rice 34 -------- NT 31

Halftime

What a disaster the last few minutes have been.  

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It looks good here. Court is bright and crowd is loud. Maybe 4K? 

Good crowd but kind of quiet 

2 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

The worst officiating I’ve ever seen in a college basketball game. Phantom fouls being called all over the court.  

And they are almost all going the same direction.

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If they drive the only results according to these refs are points, a foul on us, or both

Hard to win like that

Yep.

• Upvote 1

Just now, meangreenlax said:

Good crowd but kind of quiet 

That’s on par for every game I attended so far.  Game day in game experience has to get better very sub par performance from staff and cheerleaders to keep crowd motivated and engaged.  Obviously poor play from our team isn’t helping along with the close to 40 first half fouls called

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

From my vantage point it looked like one ref got into bit of a shouting match with Grant early in the half. If that’s what happened it would make sense. He’s giving it to us.

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

That’s on par for every game I attended so far.  Game day in game experience has to get better very sub par performance from staff and cheerleaders to keep crowd motivated and engaged.  Obviously poor play from our team isn’t helping along with the close to 40 first half fouls called

Game day operations really do need work.

8 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Game day operations really do need work.

I actually don’t think it’s that bad. The DJ is running tracks every timeout and half time as well. 

Edited by Andrew

NT 42 -------- Rice 41

Under 16 media TO

Playing much better on offense now.