Rice (1/19/19)

CMJ

Z Simmons 2-7 from the line. Team is getting a wake up call. It appears we started the season at our peak, sustained that for quite a while, started reading our headlines and now we are in a funk. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

We haven’t been a good offensive team all year

We have been better than these last two games. With our line up if we cannot hit the three and shoot poorly we are in trouble. It feels like we don’t have a defensive line up, free throw line up, height line up, etc... we have speed and shooters. 

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

Aside from terrible shooting tonight, is lack of size finally raising its ugly head?

Well a former player, multiple local coaches, and fans in the arena would say so.... but clearly  a couple here would disagree. 

I have no issue playing mall ball, but to run it every minute of every game is a mistake unless you have the talent of a top program in the nation. Mohammed and Wise will really help next season. Playing Arikawe and Simmons side by side may leave us with with no height on the bench (or force is to playing Shakeem a few minutes a game), but it would help us garner more second chance points and allow us to slow down the pace of the games at times when it’s needed. I believe it’s good to be multi dimensional and keep teams guessing. I also find it interesting that Draper was huge for us during the CBI, earned a scholarship, but his minutes have decreased. This may be tied to his defensive ability, but I haven’t really focused on that aspect of his game. All I know is if we lose this game we need to shake things up and throw a few different looks.