Rice (1/19/19)

CMJ

Nothing is certain in the league this year. UTSA shat the bed against MUTS last night. MUTS was 3-12 coming into the game. So we are tied for 2nd with Ballsack.

I also watched FAU/Marshall last night. Both of those teams are going to very tough. I wouldn't be surprised if the league champ ended up with 5 to 6 conference losses.

Edited by GangGreen
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Anyone know if they’re running any promos for this game.  Bringing the family and it gets expensive to get a family of 5 in.

I haven't seen any ticket specials, but kids wearing a jersey get in free on Saturdays...below is from the Mean Green Insider newsletter dated 1/4/19.  GMG

image.png.42e4ab833e8c6599a07e40913c49870b.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I haven't seen any ticket specials, but kids wearing a jersey get in free on Saturdays...below is from the Mean Green Insider newsletter dated 1/4/19.  GMG

image.png.42e4ab833e8c6599a07e40913c49870b.png

Does it matter what kind of jersey? Can it be a football jersey or does it have to be basketball?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Venson said:

Does it matter what kind of jersey? Can it be a football jersey or does it have to be basketball?

It doesn't specify and when announcements have been made at the game, they only say "jersey."  My kid is wearing his UNT football jersey so that should work.  Actually, I suppose any jersey would work (NFL, NHL, school, etc.) since the language is broad.

36 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

It doesn't specify and when announcements have been made at the game, they only say "jersey."  My kid is wearing his UNT football jersey so that should work.  Actually, I suppose any jersey would work (NFL, NHL, school, etc.) since the language is broad.

Okay so they do not even specify a North Texas Jersey? That's odd. Thank you for the information.

Back Home, North Texas Hosts Rice (MGS.com)

GAME NOTES
DENTON — Riding a Conference USA-best 13-game home winning streak, the Mean Green men's basketball team is back at the Super Pit on Saturday looking to improve on its already historic season.

(RV) North Texas (16-2, 4-1 C-USA) hosts Rice (7-11, 2-3 C-USA) at 5 p.m. The game will be aired on ESPN+. Hank Dickenson and Paul Valamides will be on the broadcast. The game can also be heard on KHYI 95.3 on the Mean Green Sports Network with Dave Barnett. 

ESPN Game Page
Stream 88.1 The One on TuneIn
Stream 95.3 The Range on TuneIn

• Upvote 1

Forgot to mention... while we were walking to the food provided by the AD department today we passed Rice coach talking to a reporter (clearly not from here) and he said they are most concerned about Simmons and they are going to try to stop him from getting the ball because UNT tried to get him a touch most every possession. Also slow down Ryan Woolridge. Let’s hooe they fail at both. 🙂

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Starting to get that sick feeling in my stomach 

We just haven’t been able to hit shots the past couple of games. I am not sure what is going on but for a team that’s going to play 4 guards we better run the floor and hit our shots if we want to win this conference. 

• Upvote 1