DRC: Five burning questions for UNT heading into spring practice

Brett Vito

15 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Who replaces our First Team All-Conference  kicker Hedlund? That could be the difference between 2-3 wins! Surprised Vito did not have this in his Top 5.

Sorry to break it to you, BV doesn’t know that much about sports that he doesn’t read here. Should have posted earlier.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Sorry to break it to you, BV doesn’t know that much about sports that he doesn’t read here. Should have posted earlier.

I've never learned a single thing about sports from this website.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I agree that those are some important questions this off season, but my biggest burning question is...  When will our offensive and defensive lines be the equal of the better G5 bowl teams?

I'm not sure we will see this anytime soon. The reality of a scheme built on the spread offense will always make that emphasis on the OL a difficult path, not to mention that OL and DL are really the hardest areas to recruit these days from a competitive standpoint. 

Defensive line is harder to really know--it could, but the reality is that our focus on that side of the ball has been more at LB and the defensive backfield.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Protect Mason Fine and we will be fine.  Two seasons ago the offense carried the load. I think the defense will better then two years ago but not sure it will be better then last seasons defense. Losing our two cb and two lb is going to tough to fill.  Those guys had a great season.  I think LeMasters needs to bulk up a little.   My nightmare is last seasons when the backups came in the teams we were pounding had no trouble scoring against the backups.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, blurbeard said:

Who replaces our First Team All-Conference  kicker Hedlund? That could be the difference between 2-3 wins! Surprised Vito did not have this in his Top 5.

This is a valid question.  He was awesome!  Then again so was the guy before him,  Just have to reload.