QB Cade Pearson intends to transfer

Greenrex

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Quarterback-Cade-Pearson-intends-to-transfer-out-of-North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-127977455/

Martin played well in the bowl game, completing 7 of 12 passes for 110 yards and one touchdown with no turnovers. The talk around fans was that he was first in line to be the backup next season and perhaps the heir to the program’s all-time leading passer in Fine, and if not him then Bean. All of that is to be determined, but Pearson perhaps felt a similar way, although nothing is confirmed.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Maybe, but also many times qb is moved to another position! Bean to receiver? Aune is the wild card. Nice problem to have!

With his track speed, I was thinking that Bean to receiver could be a good option also. Probably not now, at least until the post-Mason QB pecking order is established. Not that he couldn't turn out to be a serious dual threat QB of course.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he transfers to a school that knows better how to use his talents, both on and off the field.  And, further, that he finds the female love of his life to settle down, marry, and raise children in the beautiful heartland of America while becoming a productive, law-abiding citizen.  God bless America, land that I love!  Stand beside her, and guide her, through the night with the Light from above!

I voted that post "Patriotic Eagle."  "Skeptical Eagle" was the closest I could find.

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, ihopehe said:

I hope he transfers to a school that knows better how to use his talents, both on and off the field.  And, further, that he finds the female love of his life to settle down, marry, and raise children in the beautiful heartland of America while becoming a productive, law-abiding citizen.  God bless America, land that I love!  Stand beside her, and guide her, through the night with the Light from above!

I swear you're my damned favorite poster of all time. step aside @Lydia Gooding

• Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, ihopehe said:

Ummmmm... wut?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

I knew he would transfer when he was recruited. Some had him rated a 3 star and others a 2 star. I think UNT offered him because they were still in the process of improving their recruiting and felt like he was the best they could get until recruiting improved. In other words, I felt like he was a band aid until they could get a real fix. Once they had a winning season in 2017 and Luke Walerius came on board, recruiting improved drastically and they quickly brought in 2 QBs in Bean and Martin. I knew for sure that spelled the end of Cade.  Him not playing in the NM Bowl told him that he was not going to play here. I think he is a good kid and I think he wants to succeed and will work hard. I hope he does succeed somewhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:19 AM, ihopehe said:

You got all of the emojicons on your post. 

• Haha 1

I think I saw this coming.  Cade looks to me like he has the potential to be really solid/good but not special.  The other underclassmen QB's have more potential. I just hope that if we have blow outs like last year that getting them time become a bigger priority than running up numbers to get Fine an award.  Individual awards for QB are team awards IMO.  And most of the time it takes several years to get an offense going to before a special QB can win those big national awards.  Had someone like Shanbor performed efficiently winning 8+ games a year then handed it off to a special QB like Fine, then national QB awards would be a more realistic goal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1