QB Cade Pearson intends to transfer

Greenrex

"North Texas redshirt sophomore quarterback Cade Pearson will transfer from the program, according to a source within the organization.

Pearson only appeared in one game at UNT. He completed all four passes for 17 yards in a 58-16 win over Incarnate Word on Sept. 8, 2018, after being inserted as the third-string quarterback. However, he quickly fell down the depth chart against a pair of talented true freshmen"

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/01/17/reserve-north-texas-quarterback-cade-pearson-intends-to-transfer-from-program?ref=article_preview_img

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Good luck! Nice to have a stable of good qb’s!!

Yes but it is concerning that all four of Fine’s backups (including Aune) will be freshmen. Both from an experience standpoint and, more importantly, once one of them is named the starter then the rest will all likely transfer because of how close they are in terms of grade classification.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Yes but it is concerning that all four of Fine’s backups (including Aune) will be freshmen. Both from an experience standpoint and, more importantly, once one of them is named the starter then the rest will all likely transfer because of how close they are in terms of grade classification.

Yep...next 2 classes needs to have 1 stud QB apiece. Actually, every class should really have the best available QB in it. The QB may look good but 1) We really don't know what we have and 2) Like you said, the QB room will be slim pickens once Fine's replacement is named. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Maybe, but also many times qb is moved to another position! Bean to receiver? Aune is the wild card. Nice problem to have!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

To me the big key on this is what do we have in Aune?  How quickly can he mature?  We have some good talent in Bean and Martin and with Will Kuehne on the way I still like where we are at.

To me, Aune isn’t a key to anything. If he ends up contributing it is a plus not a necessity. And let’s be honest - the chances of that are fairly low. I would bet the staff is more concerned with the QBs on the roster that they recruited rather than a hopefully who hasn’t played in years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

To me, Aune isn’t a key to anything. If he ends up contributing it is a plus not a necessity. And let’s be honest - the chances of that are fairly low. I would bet the staff is more concerned with the QBs on the roster that they recruited rather than a hopefully who hasn’t played in years. 

dollar says Aune is starting at least be conference if not out of the gate 2020

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

right? two bucks says Cade could've thrown a pick as well...if only given the chance.

You look at the pick,  Guyton gave up on the quick slant! Pics are not always on the qb just like QBs don’t deserve all the credit for Completions!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2