Building a Winner with Wren Baker

Philip Ferguson

Just now, meangreenlax said:

Well if it were up to us, we'd be in the Big 12. But it doesn't work like that.

I don't think Big 12 would happen.  Our stadium is far too small, and the other regional schools wouldn't want another school in their backyard to recruit against.  I would love it if it would happen, but probably never will...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I don't think Big 12 would happen.  Our stadium is far too small, and the other regional schools wouldn't want another school in their backyard to recruit against.  I would love it if it would happen, but probably never will...

You're taking my comment too literally. We'd like to be in [insert conference here], but its really not up to just us.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, Philip Ferguson said:

AAC or bigger??

I think they want positioning and CUSA cannot deliver the platform. The monopoly that the NCAA has over football will eventually implode. The visual effects that MWC or AAC offer will help NT in this reorganization of FBS/ DIVISION 1....just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

Been saying it since day 1 of Wren Baker tenure that CUSA was not the end goal or ceiling for North Texas. We have 200,000 + alumni just in DFW. Perfect location. Huge student body.

The big 12 is going to dissolve it's a matter of time. There will be a ton of shuffling. President and Wren goal is to be in the best situation as an athletic department and school as a whole. The new big 12 will look drastically different, the AAC will look drastically different. The p5 could become a p6 who knows. But I can promise you we will be in better shape when that day comes than we have been in the last 50 years. The little private school in Dallas has stopped us before but they may not be able to this time around. If we have a football program bowling each year and sniffing top 25, a basketball program sniffing top 25 and having post season success. The rest of the athletic department rocking and rolling. A student body of 36,000 that is growing each year in numbers and athletic support. North Texas will be very very attractive to a conference. 

GMG

200,000 alumni and 36,000 student body and we can’t get 5,000 to the Pit on a Saturday for a team that was 17-3. Not sure how to fix that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, sgt206 said:

200,000 alumni and 36,000 student body and we can’t get 5,000 to the Pit on a Saturday for a team that was 17-3. Not sure how to fix that. 

Consistent winning. After the past 50 years. It will take a solid 10 years of bowl games and 20 wins seasons for basketball to build back up the fan base

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1