Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
emmitt01

And the rich get richer

Recommended Posts

On 1/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

OU had the best O-Line in the country this year....

https://stormininnorman.com/2018/12/18/oklahoma-football-wins-joe-moore-award-best-college-offensive-line/

They do lose a bunch to graduation but O-Line is definitely not their issue

Fun fact, OU Offensive Line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is Littrell’s brother in law. The two coached together in Lubbock and Tuscon, and would probably put the ban back together whenever Littrell gets a major P5 head job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Fun fact, OU Offensive Line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is Littrell’s brother in law. The two coached together in Lubbock and Tuscon, and would probably put the ban back together whenever Littrell gets a major P5 head job.

I hope he realizes that Seth Littrell's maiden name isn't Connor; and, that Muskogee and Tahlequah are two different cities in Oklahoma...Tahlequah being the national headquarters of the Cherokee tribe (real, enrolled Cherokees; not political, unenrolled Cherokees), while Muskogee's Creek population is under the political and judicial aegis of the Creek Nation, based in Okmulgee:

https://newsok.com/article/3756558/oklahoma-football-bill-bedenbaugh-says-move-to-oklahoma-was-a-no-brainer
https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-football-intensity-passion-forged-bill-bedenbaugh-s-path-to/article_668c1ada-6d98-5d55-b540-0ba599c0d599.html

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, greenminer said:

The SEC was 4-3 vs. the B12 in 2018, 23-17 since 2010, and 93-76-8 all time.

 GMG

Are those the top teams of the respective conferences playing each other, or Kansas vs Alabama type match ups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, greenminer said:

The SEC was 4-3 vs. the B12 in 2018, 23-17 since 2010, and 93-76-8 all time.

GMG

So in 32 years, they have only beaten Big 12 teams 17 more times than they've lost.  So basically it takes them two seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

In 18 seasons since 2010 (a time period in which ESPN and the like tout the SEC as all-mighty and the Big 12 as the 4th or 5th best conference) they only have a 6 game advantage?  So it takes them 3 seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

That just doesn't come across as dominating to me.  I guess maybe just the d-lines are dominating, but it's pretty even at every other position.

 

Edited by NT93
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NT93 said:

So in 32 years, they have only beaten Big 12 teams 17 more times than they've lost.  So basically it takes them two seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

In 18 seasons since 2010 (a time period in which ESPN and the like tout the SEC as all-mighty and the Big 12 as the 4th or 5th best conference) they only have a 6 game advantage?  So it takes them 3 seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

That just doesn't come across as dominating to me.  I guess maybe just the d-lines are dominating, but it's pretty even at every other position.

 

I'm not the one that originally brought up conference records.  I just took the bait and maybe I shouldn't have

My OP was intended to state that a B12 QB standing behind a B12 OL will not be facing SEC DLs every week.  And, yes, the implication is that the level of play in the trenches is a step down from SEC to B12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:00 PM, NT93 said:

 

Are ya'll talking about those SEC defenses that went 6-5 in bowl games with 3 of the losses coming against Big 12 teams?

 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:53 AM, greenminer said:

We're talking about the physicality of the defensive lines he'll face on every offensive snap from the start of conference play to the final scheduled game.  You're referencing 3 hand-picked scores that reflect the result of 11 vs 11 on every snap for four quarters.

Am I clear?

 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, NT93 said:

Not really, but rather than type up a rebuttal I'll  just say that we have differing opinions on this particular subject.

 

23 hours ago, greenminer said:

The SEC was 4-3 vs. the B12 in 2018, 23-17 since 2010, and 93-76-8 all time.

GMG

 

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I'm not the one that originally brought up conference records.  I just took the bait and maybe I shouldn't have

My OP was intended to state that a B12 QB standing behind a B12 OL will not be facing SEC DLs every week.  And, yes, the implication is that the level of play in the trenches is a step down from SEC to B12.

Bait???  I tried to leave it at "we have differing opinions on the subject."

  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NT93 said:

So in 32 years, they have only beaten Big 12 teams 17 more times than they've lost.  So basically it takes them two seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

In 18 seasons since 2010 (a time period in which ESPN and the like tout the SEC as all-mighty and the Big 12 as the 4th or 5th best conference) they only have a 6 game advantage?  So it takes them 3 seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

That just doesn't come across as dominating to me.  I guess maybe just the d-lines are dominating, but it's pretty even at every other position.

 

Since this debate was originally about the talent he’ll face in the SEC and the ability to win the games that matter (CFP)...

 

Count the SEC national titles in the past 15 years vs those from the Big XII.  

Then look at the top 10 recruiting classes each year in that same span and how many belong to each conference. 

The  look at the number of 1st round draft picks from each conference...and the average draft position of the players.  

 

The Cliff’s Notes of what you’ll find: SEC wins and it isn’t by a little

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.