And the rich get richer

emmitt01

22 hours ago, greenminer said:

The SEC was 4-3 vs. the B12 in 2018, 23-17 since 2010, and 93-76-8 all time.

GMG

So in 32 years, they have only beaten Big 12 teams 17 more times than they've lost.  So basically it takes them two seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

In 18 seasons since 2010 (a time period in which ESPN and the like tout the SEC as all-mighty and the Big 12 as the 4th or 5th best conference) they only have a 6 game advantage?  So it takes them 3 seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

That just doesn't come across as dominating to me.  I guess maybe just the d-lines are dominating, but it's pretty even at every other position.

Edited by NT93
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

42 minutes ago, NT93 said:

So in 32 years, they have only beaten Big 12 teams 17 more times than they've lost.  So basically it takes them two seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

In 18 seasons since 2010 (a time period in which ESPN and the like tout the SEC as all-mighty and the Big 12 as the 4th or 5th best conference) they only have a 6 game advantage?  So it takes them 3 seasons to gain a one game advantage.  

That just doesn't come across as dominating to me.  I guess maybe just the d-lines are dominating, but it's pretty even at every other position.

I'm not the one that originally brought up conference records.  I just took the bait and maybe I shouldn't have

My OP was intended to state that a B12 QB standing behind a B12 OL will not be facing SEC DLs every week.  And, yes, the implication is that the level of play in the trenches is a step down from SEC to B12.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:00 PM, NT93 said:

Are ya'll talking about those SEC defenses that went 6-5 in bowl games with 3 of the losses coming against Big 12 teams?

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:53 AM, greenminer said:

We're talking about the physicality of the defensive lines he'll face on every offensive snap from the start of conference play to the final scheduled game.  You're referencing 3 hand-picked scores that reflect the result of 11 vs 11 on every snap for four quarters.

Am I clear?

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, NT93 said:

Not really, but rather than type up a rebuttal I'll  just say that we have differing opinions on this particular subject.

23 hours ago, greenminer said:

The SEC was 4-3 vs. the B12 in 2018, 23-17 since 2010, and 93-76-8 all time.

GMG

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I'm not the one that originally brought up conference records.  I just took the bait and maybe I shouldn't have

My OP was intended to state that a B12 QB standing behind a B12 OL will not be facing SEC DLs every week.  And, yes, the implication is that the level of play in the trenches is a step down from SEC to B12.

Bait???  I tried to leave it at "we have differing opinions on the subject."

• Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, NT93 said:

Since this debate was originally about the talent he’ll face in the SEC and the ability to win the games that matter (CFP)...

Count the SEC national titles in the past 15 years vs those from the Big XII.  

Then look at the top 10 recruiting classes each year in that same span and how many belong to each conference. 

The  look at the number of 1st round draft picks from each conference...and the average draft position of the players.  

The Cliff’s Notes of what you’ll find: SEC wins and it isn’t by a little

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1