And the rich get richer

emmitt01

31 minutes ago, rhaprez03-04 said:

Do we really think the Kid after Murray was ready to step in?  Bring in Hurts does give them an easy out for a season. 

You say that, but OU and Bama run hugely different offenses.  He's going to have to learn a whole new offense and style of before next August, not to mention he won't have the same quality of linemen at OU as he had at Bama. I get that the kid wants to start at a national title contender but I don't think this will be an easy transition for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Well if you had a one year chance to win a heisman and prepare for the NFL, where would you go? You can’t go to Bama and the Clemson job is locked up. Ohio State? Notre Dame? OU by recent history tends to be a Heisman hotspot and it is also the closest to his home of the contenders. Texas and A&M both have entrenched starters so he wasn’t going to either of those. I’d have gone OU too. Lincoln Riley has produced back to back first round qbs. I can’t see any destination that would be a better opportunity for Hurts to hone his skills for the NFL while being a preseason favorite for the Heisman.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

He won't be facing SEC level DL's either.

Precisely.  As long as he's ok with winning the Big XII and then getting knocked out by the big boys in the playoff (down vote all you want, but they aint the SEC and they damn sure aint on Clemson's level) this is a good decision.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

You say that, but OU and Bama run hugely different offenses.  He's going to have to learn a whole new offense and style of before next August, not to mention he won't have the same quality of linemen at OU as he had at Bama. I get that the kid wants to start at a national title contender but I don't think this will be an easy transition for him.

OU had the best O-Line in the country this year....

https://stormininnorman.com/2018/12/18/oklahoma-football-wins-joe-moore-award-best-college-offensive-line/

They do lose a bunch to graduation but O-Line is definitely not their issue

57 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

https://stormininnorman.com/2018/12/18/oklahoma-football-wins-joe-moore-award-best-college-offensive-line/

I don't know how they determine those stats, but would Kyler's scrambling ability factor into these calculations?

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He won't be facing SEC level DL's either.

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

The linemen in front of him won't have to be blocking SEC defenses, so...

Are ya'll talking about those SEC defenses that went 6-5 in bowl games with 3 of the losses coming against Big 12 teams?

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, NT93 said:

Are ya'll talking about those SEC defenses that went 6-5 in bowl games with 3 of the losses coming against Big 12 teams?

We're talking about the physicality of the defensive lines he'll face on every offensive snap from the start of conference play to the final scheduled game.  You're referencing 3 hand-picked scores that reflect the result of 11 vs 11 on every snap for four quarters.

Am I clear?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

We're talking about the physicality of the defensive lines he'll face on every offensive snap from the start of conference play to the final scheduled game.  You're referencing 3 hand-picked scores that reflect the result of 11 vs 11 on every snap for four quarters.

Am I clear?

Not really, but rather than type up a rebuttal I'll  just say that we have differing opinions on this particular subject.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

Fun fact, OU Offensive Line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is Littrell’s brother in law. The two coached together in Lubbock and Tuscon, and would probably put the ban back together whenever Littrell gets a major P5 head job.