• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

CMJ

Texas San Antonio (1/12/19)

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Two years ago we’d had lost this game by 25 points.

Rick

Is that supposed to be comforting??? Haha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Is that supposed to be comforting??? Haha. 

There's no comforting me after losing to an inferior opponent that plays in a division 3 gym

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Those stating UTSA is a bad team, are just wrong.    They are a good team that was in the words of our football coach the most excited to play.   Add to that a home court advantage and it was a tough game. 

Bad calls are a part of every game.  It is in fact unusual for a ref to call anything on a last second play no matter how obvious. 

As far as the WBB loss, it should have never happened.  UTSA has a bad undermanned team and NT just played uninterested for most of the game.  I agree with the above, Mitchell lost this game by not playing pressure basketball. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Damn man. Our athletic program are a bunch of teases. 

This thing can get going again real quick, silver lining. So it's not as gut wrenching to lose here and there in bball. Get to 20-2 and how is that not back to getting serious top 25 votes. 

High school facilities and high school officiating may have taken them off their game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Those stating UTSA is a bad team, are just wrong.    They are a good team that was in the words of our football coach the most excited to play.   Add to that a home court advantage and it was a tough game. 

Bad calls are a part of every game.  It is in fact unusual for a ref to call anything on a last second play no matter how obvious. 

As far as the WBB loss, it should have never happened.  UTSA has a bad undermanned team and NT just played uninterested for most of the game.  I agree with the above, Mitchell lost this game by not playing pressure basketball. 

But the travel was like, really obvious. It wasn’t a borderline foul call. It’s the equivalent of tackling someone on a personal foul. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green Matt said:

But the travel was like, really obvious. It wasn’t a borderline foul call. It’s the equivalent of tackling someone on a personal foul. 

I agree and it wouldn’t have swayed the game because if they call it late we see overtime and you let the players decide the game. This was just poor officiating all around. I am honestly disappointed Miller wasn’t out there and Arikawe never touched the floor after his first early stint. We need defensive guys who can step in. Our offense may falter but atleast put up a fight on the defensive end. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Damn man. Our athletic program are a bunch of teases. 

This thing can get going again real quick, silver lining. So it's not as gut wrenching to lose here and there in bball. Get to 20-2 and how is that not back to getting serious top 25 votes. 

High school facilities and high school officiating may have taken them off their game. 

I agree. Not sure there is much we can do to actually crack the top 25, regardless. Receiving votes is probably the ceiling because of our SOS

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Hate to admit I feel so down on this team despite a 15-2 record. But to me they have looked bad the last two games. Don’t get me wrong, I should be more excited about this season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Hate to admit I feel so down on this team despite a 15-2 record. But to me they have looked bad the last two games. Don’t get me wrong, I should be more excited about this season. 

Kind of like feeling disappointed with a 9-won football team?

I’ll feel better when we win the next 3 and sit at 19-2. But would’ve been really sweet to get to 20-1. 

• Upvote 2

Anyone watching San Francisco and Gonzaga? Tied up with about 5 minutes to go. San Francisco looks good. 

My H.S. coach in KY (30 yrs experience & coached a couple future NBA players) always told us the you can't stop a man from scoring if he is allowed to travel with the ball by the refs.

Seemed so obvious but it is very fundamental to the game of basketball and the UTSA player was allowed to get away with this cardinal violation.

You expect traveling/walking calls to be missed in high school level BB or overlooked for special needs kids playing basketball in PE class; but no place for travelling/walking by the ball carrier in the Div. 1 college bb ranks.

Edited by GreenEggs&Ham™
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t the league schedule and dictate officials, and not the school?

I love ribbing opponents, but it only works if there is some element of truth to the smack talk.  Something that the author of that tweet should consider.

Shame on the ref.  He was literally right there and didn’t call it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I understand comments about not calling a certain way is the final seconds of a game. But what that tells me is that these call should not be made at any time during the game. I really hate the inconsistency in the way sports are refereed

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1