DRC (updated): Jalen Guyton leaving UNT to declare for NFL draft

Harry

• Harry featured this topic

????  

Who is telling him he is going to be drafted???

This is shocking.  He needed a lot better year next year to even be considered in my opinion.  Too many dropped passes and when double teamed he disappeared.  He was a good receiver for us but I didn't see the next level for him at least not yet.

I do hope I am wrong and wish him all the best.  This was just a shocking announcement.

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 6

Not the right decision in my mind but I know these guys have tons of other variables that come into play. I was under the mindset that a great senior year could’ve made him a 4/5th round guy. 

Nevertheless, really hoping to see him succeed bc we all know he has the tools. Ball out, Jalen! GMG

• Upvote 3

As I understand it, a player can declare for the draft and then get a grade from a NFL panel that indicates whether he will be likely a first or second round choice.  If he is not judged that good, he can return to the team providing he has not hired an agent. 

I doubt Guyton has any illusions that he will be that sought after.  He is probably hoping to be a late round draft choice.

I hope he catches on somewhere.  He has the tools just not the consistency at this point.      

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 2