• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Philip Ferguson

Zach Simmons

he has improved so much since last year, if he can make the same leap his junior and senior year he could be an elite player.  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

Great Brune article, as always.

The article focuses on his defensive improvement - which is warranted as it's been incredible - but his offense may be just as crucial to the 15-1 start.

In stretches where shots aren't falling for our perimeter players, getting him a touch or two in the post really has a settling effect on the squad.  Often college post players are rushed and/or indecisive with the ball so for Simmons to have a calming influence in this way is extremely valuable.

• Upvote 2

Simmons always looks like he is control, even during the introductions he has that same look as when he is in the game.  He is called for a foul he just walks away without acting like he did not commit the foul.  I guess he leaves that up to Coach Mac.

• Upvote 2

Love him. He and Miller may be two of my favorites just based on how they go about their jobs. They are our glue. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Love him. He and Miller may be two of my favorites just based on how they go about their jobs. They are our glue. 

Yep. The aggression from those two is crucial. Particularly on D.