Rumor

brownisgreen

18 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think SL is good coach and has done wonders for the UNT program.  Enough thanks can never be given to him for what he has accomplished here.  I am suprised that ever job that comes up has his name attachted to it.  He has not won a bowl and we failed to win the big game when needed and have not won a CUSA championship.  

I would hate to lose him but just suprised how all the schools are coming after him. 

This is what super agents like Sexton are paid to do.  Create a market.  Drive up interest and potential $$.  

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think SL is good coach and has done wonders for the UNT program.  Enough thanks can never be given to him for what he has accomplished here.  I am suprised that ever job that comes up has his name attachted to it.  He has not won a bowl and we failed to win the big game when needed and have not won a CUSA championship.  

I would hate to lose him but just suprised how all the schools are coming after him. 

Kingsbury just got hired by the Arizona Cardinals after being fired by Texas Tech and you would be surprised if Litrell was hired away by a middle to low rung P5 school?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Kingsbury just got hired by the Arizona Cardinals after being fired by Texas Tech and you would be surprised if Litrell was hired away by a middle to low rung P5 school?

i am still trying to figure out the coach bro hire for the Cardinals.  I think SL would leave us for Baylor.  The rah rah speech after the KSU adventure was just talk.  On to better things for SL.  He will have a shot at beating the Big 12 schools and when OU opens up he will show he can win with the big guys. 

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

Ruhle has a great reputation across all of football. But I don't think the Jets hire him--I think he will be at Baylor next year. SL will be here for one more year, finish with Mason Fine, and go on to much greener ($$$) P5 pastures.

As for SL not winning anything big here yet, you have to remember that to the rest of the college football world, all they know about North Texas in the previous 10 years to him being here was that we hired a high school coach and then hired a retread coach that led to the worst loss in modern college football history. Almost universally, folks in college football circles felt this job was a coach killer, since it hadn't produced a coach jumping upward since Jerry Moore left for Tech in 1981.

When they see that Seth Littrell has turned a team that went 1-11 in the season before he got there, with the worst collection of QBs in the country, and having suffered thru that awful loss at home to PSU, not to mention that the overall record for that 10 years before was a whopping 36-97 that covered 4 different head coaches (Dickey, Dodge, Mac, and Chico). SL's gone to three bowl games in three years, won a division championship, beat Arkansas in a moneybag game with the best punt return of all time, and has gone 23-17. That will get lots of attention of ADs and fans across the country with that kind of change at a place like this.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Legend500 said:

I have confirmed through my sources that Rhule is gone and that SL is leaving to become an assistant investigator for the Special Prosecutor's Office in a complicated trade which involves bears (the animal), bears (humans), a keg of Brunch Money, Patrick Stewart, the New York Jets, the FBI, a pinecone, and lubricant. 

IT'S OFF-SEASON HOORAY!

Other off-season news: 
- The AAC is breaking up, and in order to avoid being in a conference with any team they "don't like," SMU is joining the Hokkaido American Football Association.
- UTSA is being split between the Texas, North Texas and San Antonio College systems, and is now NTUTSAC.
- In order to add stability, the Sun Belt is adding St. Mary's University and Texas Wesleyan.
- Dabo is actually the religious alt-universe Nick Saban.
- Lee Corso is starting a convention that travels with Gameday named "Furry Silver Fanz" and full fursuits are required.

More on these developments as they occur to me.

Now that's a rumor I can get my head around!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

i am still trying to figure out the coach bro hire for the Cardinals.  

My assumption is this:

Arizona knows they aren't getting a premier HC candidate in the NFL this go round. They're shooting for the moon in the hopes that Kingsbury is some kind of star on the rise. 

One thing is, more people are talking about the Cardinals now than... well, ever. 

I still don't think it works. People pointing to Mahomes and saying that's Kingsbury are ignoring the ridiculous talent Mahomes has and that Andy Reid (while a playoff failure), is an outstanding offensive mind and coach for QBs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I heard that Nick Saban is leaving Alabama for the Browns job and that Bama is working up a contract with Dabo Swinney  and he's going to bring his whole staff with him to Alabama. Clemson is heavily courting Mike Leach from Washington State and that a Realtor in Clemson, SC said that Leach just went into contract on an old pirate ship that was converted into a nice 4/2. Im tracking a private plane out of the Denton Airport in route to Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport and my source that works at the US Jet Center in Town said that Littrell, Harrell and Filani all boarded the plane with a case of "Yellow Bellies" aka Coors and were being very jovial. If you connect all these dots, that could mean we are looking for a new head coach as soon as tomorrow.

Related image

• Haha 3