Rumor

brownisgreen

• Harry featured this topic
17 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Denton> Waco 

Do you really think he would leave Denton for Waco? So many red flags at that place. They gave Rhule a 7 year contract because it was going to be such a rebuild.

A lot better opportunity than KSU! I just have trouble seeing what Ruhle has done to get a Pro head coaching job!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

A lot better opportunity than KSU! I just have trouble seeing what Ruhle has done to get a Pro head coaching job!

I was just about to say the other way around, that no way he would sniff Waco if Manhattan wasn’t good enough.

perception is an interesting thing.

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I was just about to say the other way around, that no way he would sniff Waco if Manhattan wasn’t good enough.

perception is an interesting thing.

I think it offers a better location to major Cities, better weather, ( golf) better football stadium and a much better recruiting geography than KSU. 

• Upvote 3

If Marvin Gaye was on GoMeanGreen.com football forum:

I bet you're wonderin' how we knew
'Bout your plans to make us blue
With some other school you knew before
Between the two of us 
You know we love you more
It took us by surprise we must say
When we found out yesterday
Don't you know that we heard it over in Grapevine
Not much longer would you be with Fine
Oh we heard it over in Grapevine
Oh we’re just about to lose our minds

Honey, honey yeah
We heard it over in Grapevine
Yeah, yeah
 We Heard it over in Grapevine....

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 5

Update from MMQB:

Jets: Adam Gase seems to be the name to watch, according to the New York Post. An interesting tidbit in this piece: Mike McCarthy may end up sitting out 2019, taking time to regroup after a long tenure in Green Bay. Could there be some fascinating jobs opening in 2020 he could have his eye on?

• Upvote 1

I don't want to know any more about it as I am starting to see this in my dreams. That's it I'm never going back again. Don't stop your rumor mill so go your own way and keep posting this second hand news.

But y'all broke the mega thread chain so you're cursed now.

• Upvote 3

I think SL is good coach and has done wonders for the UNT program.  Enough thanks can never be given to him for what he has accomplished here.  I am suprised that ever job that comes up has his name attachted to it.  He has not won a bowl and we failed to win the big game when needed and have not won a CUSA championship.  

I would hate to lose him but just suprised how all the schools are coming after him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I would hate to lose him but just suprised how all the schools are coming after him. 

He took over a team that had the biggest FBS loss to an FCS team in NCAA history.  He got that team to a bowl in year one.  He just landed the best class we have ever had in recruiting services era.  Almost every school in every P5 conference wants to recruit better in Texas and it seems he can do that.  

He also looks and sounds like what most people expect a good FB coach to look and sound like.  I honestly think that helps a lot.  I think that held Mike Leach back, but it probably helps SL out.  

12 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think SL is good coach and has done wonders for the UNT program.  Enough thanks can never be given to him for what he has accomplished here.  I am suprised that ever job that comes up has his name attachted to it.  He has not won a bowl and we failed to win the big game when needed and have not won a CUSA championship.  

A fair amount of love for him on the Baylor board.

• Upvote 1