Cardinals give Kliff Kingsbury four-year deal to be new head coach

El Paso Eagle

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is a copycat move based on the success of the Rams and Bears.  Of course the Rams and Bears have Wade Phillips and Vic Fangio as their defensive coordinators.

And both McVea and Nagy cut their teeth in the NFL...

@MeanGreenTexan nailed it.  This is looking more and more like the Dodge hire here.  It's going to end badly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Took a gander at this Football Scoop link to read more and found this little gem:

Akron: Tom Arth has announced the hirings of Matt Feeney (defensive coordinator), Scott Aligo (player personnel), Brian Cochran (defensive line), Chris Cook (tight ends/offensive tackles), Shelton Felton (inside linebackers), Chris Hurd (special teams coordinator), Oscar Rodriguez, Jr. (secondary), Davern Williams (outside linebackers/defensive ends), and Tommy Zagorski (offensive line). DFO Ben Murphy has also been retained.

...as in Mean Green great Chris Hurd.    He was formerly at FAU, prior to Kiffin.

7 hours ago, NT93 said:

Here's an HSO for you:  This hire marks the beginning of the end for the Air Raid type offense.  NFL coordinators figure out how to stop it and college coaches (and HS coaches) follow suit.

To whoever gave me the Skeptical Eagle:  Thanks for the laugh. 

That post probably deserves to reach double digit "Skeptical Eagles."

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

This probably worse than the Todd Dodge hire.  I would probably hire Seth over Kliff if I were limited to only those 2 choices.  At least Seth has a division championship as a head coach.  Having a losing record as a head coach in P5 conference when you can schedule 4 cupcakes a year does not indicate you have potential as a NFL head coach.  If Seth had left I don't know what my reaction would have if Kliff was hired as the replacement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2