Cardinals give Kliff Kingsbury four-year deal to be new head coach

El Paso Eagle

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

This is a bit of a different gig. He theoretically no longer has a talent gap (Texas, Oklahoma) to overcome because of the salary cap. I bet he does ok. 

More like the other way around in that the other teams won’t have a talent gap on defense like the Lamar’s, Kansas’, Eastern Washington’s , Baylor’s, Stephen F.’s, Houston’s...etc 3-5 Sunday’s each season.  It’ll be Texas and Oklahoma defense EVERY Sunday each season..

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Fired from Texas Tech and hired by the Arizona Cardinals?  Isn't that kind of like getting fired by Sam Houston State and getting hired by Arizona State???  I mean, doesn't the level above usually hire away a successful coach from the lower level.  Good for him, but very weird.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

This is a bit of a different gig. He theoretically no longer has a talent gap (Texas, Oklahoma) to overcome because of the salary cap. I bet he does ok. 

Tempe definitely has more talent than Lubbock. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I wouldn't say there was a "talent gap" between Tech & Baylor or KSSt, but he lost to both of them as well.
I can't say Arizona can do worse than 3-13, but... well, yeah I can.

Would have been a great Offensive Coordinator hire.   He's an awful NFL Head Coach hire though.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Here's an HSO for you:  This hire marks the beginning of the end for the Air Raid type offense.  NFL coordinators figure out how to stop it and college coaches (and HS coaches) follow suit.

Teams like the Eagles, Patriots, and Chiefs have been running air raid concepts for a while now. I think it'll be aight.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Here's an HSO for you:  This hire marks the beginning of the end for the Air Raid type offense.  NFL coordinators figure out how to stop it and college coaches (and HS coaches) follow suit.

15 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Teams like the Eagles, Patriots, and Chiefs have been running air raid concepts for a while now. I think it'll be aight.

This is why you shouldn't post about things when you are ignorant of them.  I'm a huge college football fan, but I don't watch the  NFL.  I had no idea that NFL teams were running Air Raid stuff.   Based on the teams you listed, I'd say its working out ok.

Now, where is that "embarrassed" emoji??? 

51 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Different games. The triple option is still around. The run and shoot. Now the air raid. There is a reason these college offenses survive (and will continue).   The NFL dabbles with elements, but in general the schemes don’t survive on the upper level because there is size and speed speed speed every where, at every position.   It really is more about player tangibles rather than coaching x-and-os.  The college game cannot match the speed around the field, at every position, that you see at the NFL  so coaches will use these gimmicks to manipulate (create or neutralize) player mismatches to their advantage

The other gimmicks are still around. I don’t see the Air Raid going anywhere either

Edited by greenminer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

This is why you shouldn't post about things when you are ignorant of them.  I'm a huge college football fan, but I don't watch the  NFL.  I had no idea that NFL teams were running Air Raid stuff.   Based on the teams you listed, I'd say its working out ok.

It's no biggie. Just do want to point out there are no air raid NFL "teams". Just teams using specific concepts.

But the increase use of these concepts have aided guys like Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Pat Mahomes, and Baker Mayfield as of late.

Edited by Aldo